Please forward any suggestions or submissions that you have for this page to email@example.com.
The modern day militia movement (if a single homogeneous movement can be said to exist), contains elements of agreement with the Religious Right, as well as elements of opposition to the Religious Right. It is, at the same time, nativist, populist and authoritarian, traits shared by the more mainstream Religious Right, and individualist, libertarian, and anti-authoritarian, traits which are fundamentally in opposition to the Religious Right.
While the militia movement contains many who are adherents to Christian Identity and White Supremacism, some of whom are in positions of authority, power and influence within the movement, those who hold these views are by no means predominant or ascendant within the militia movement. The militia movement is not, in and of itself a Neo-Nazi, White Supremacist or Racist movement.
The militia movement also contains many who are adherents of the various "New World Order" Conspiracy Theories.
- The Militia Watchdog
- "Exploring the Connections: Militias and Anti-Gay Rhetoric"
- NGLTF Op-ed by Scot Nakagawa.
- lterNet's Militias in America, 1995
- Alternet's Update on militia activity
- Alternet's Information on Militias
- Militia Nation by Chip Berlet and Matthew N. Lyons
- Armed Militias, Right Wing Populism, & Scapegoating by Chip Berlet
- Freedom Writer, October 1996, Book Review: American Militias & American Extremists by Steven Jonas
- Freedom Writer, October 1996, "Militias and the Religious Right" by Kenneth S. Stern
- The Spotlight
- Bo Gritz
- American Patriot Network
- The Common Law Court of the United States of America
- The Mustard Seed
- Patriots for a Constitutional America
- Christian Survival Intelligence Network
- Firearms & Liberty
- Patriot archives
- Free America
- The Independence Web Page
- The Paul Revere Network
- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- The Right To Keep and Bear Arms
State Militia Organizations
- Alabama Militias
- Georgia Constitutional Militia
- Central Michigan Regional Militia, 15th Brigade
- 52nd Missouri Militia
- Militia of Montana
- North Carolina Citizen Militia
- E Pluribus Unum, affiliated with the Ohio Unorganized Militia
- Central Ohio Unorganized Militia
- Stark County Unit of the Ohio Unorganized Militia
- Pennsylvania Patriot Resource Center, affiliated with the Pennsylvania Citizens Militia
- South Carolina Civilian Militia Corps
- Texas Constitutional Militia
- Republic of Texas
- Virginia Citizen's Militia
Return to the Radical Religious Right Page
The Radical Religious Right pages | Greg R. Broderick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified 22 December, 1996