Subject: 'gerbil' seeks Youth
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 15:54:27 -0400

This is a note letting people know about 'gerbil'.  it is a quarterly self
published Queer Culture magazine, and is growing and available in Bookstores
across the nation...still small though. (did I say it was small ?)

We are seeking entries for our next issue.

For our SUMMER '95 issue, we are gearing it towards Gay childen/gay parents,
etc...  'gerbil' will look at people's thoughts on gay youth, queer
parenting, education, home, sexual identity, government policy, suicide,
learned gender rolds, etc...

We are hoping to get a good amount of writing and experiences directly from
youths themselves.  Also looking for artwork, photos, etc.  Even photos of
the writers themselves. One project we are doing with a local gay youth group
is creating small books (2 inches by 1 inch) about gay/lesbian identity.
These will be reproduced and included with 'gerbil'

As we are putting this issue together now, we need to get entries in quickly.

In the FALL '95 issue we are covering Gay Film Media. Looking for interviews
with film
fest coordinators, mainstream media portrayal of LesBiGays, self-perception
of our own subculture.  Film reviews.  Will LesBiGay film festivals continue
in a new era of equality ? (Like THAT will ever happen)

I hope this sparks some ideas for submissions (or even subscriptions
<shameless plug>).
thank you.

Sincerely a gerbil,

Brad Pease

'gerbil'
PO Box 10692
Rochester, NY 14610

(716) 473-3718
[email-masked]