Meeting Places in Iraklion-Crete
Bars, Clubs and Cafes:
- Cafe Aman 64 Agiou Titou Street, Iraklion center. From the beggining of its existence, more than a decade ago, Cafe Aman has been the gayest place in town. Unlike its name implies, Cafe Aman is actually a night club, with techno/pop dance music around midnight, and greek music during after hours.
- De Facto Cafe. Plateia Liondarion (Eleftheriou Venizelou Square) & Kantanoleon Str. Small and packed. Mostly straight, but popular among gays.
- Ir Monan Cafe and bar. Formerly "Take Five" pub, opposite the OTE accross Theotokopoulou Park, now renamed and renovated. Mostly straight but, like its predecessor, still popular among gays.
- Richter Club. 6 Idomeneos Str., Iraklion center (near Cafe Aman). Another mainstream club frequented by gays. Rave/dance music.
- Pagopieon Cafe and bar. Agiou Titou Square (near Cafe Aman). New, popular among gays, hang-out. Decorated with care and style. Gay friendly personnel and relaxed atmosfere. Jazz, rock, pop, ambient music. Also nights with live music.
- Parko Georgiadi, Dimokratias Ave., & Harilaou Trikoupi.
- There's a gay/straight mixed nudist beach at Hersonisos (a tourist resort 20km east of Iraklion), just below Konossos Royal Hotel, on the rocky shore.
Special thanks to Irene, Eva, Yorgos and Dimitris, for submiting infos for updating this page.
If you know any other gay or lesbian meeting places in the Cretan towns, and more importantly in other smaller towns of Greece, then, please,
This page was last updated: Apr. 16th, 1996.
Back to Roz Mov's main page