Concerned Women for America
Please forward any suggestions or submissions that you have for this page to email@example.com.
Concerned Women for America, headed by Beverly LaHaye, wife of evangelist and pastor Tim LaHaye, is a leading religious right organization. The group has long opposed abortion and women's rights, being originally formed to fight against the Equal Rights Amendment, and has recently become much more vocally opposed to equal rights for lesbians and gay people, and to the National Education Association, for it's support for a Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual History Month. Concerned Women for America has also recently taken a decidedly nativist turn in their pronouncements, opposing much United Nations involvement by the United States, and several United Nations conferences on the rights of women and children.
- Freedom Writer January 1995, "Concerned about Concerned Women for America"
- The Institute for First Amendment Studies on a recent CWA conference.
- Concerned Women for America an overview, from Who's Behind The Culture War Contemporary Assaults on the Freedom of Expression by Mark Schapiro.
- "Angry White Women" by Jennifer Gonnerman
- An analysis of conservative women's organizations, including the Eagle Forum and Concerned Women for America.
- FTR Action Kit case study of Concerned Women for America.
- BBF Church Hosts Ecumenist Tim LaHaye
- An article from a Fundamental Baptist publication attacking Tim LaHaye for ecumenism and a number of other real or imagined transgressions. Gives a very good background of Tim and Beverly LaHaye's history as part of the religious right.
- Tim & Beverly LaHaye: General Teachings/Activities
- Another article from a fundamentalist Christian perspective, attacking Tim and Beverly LaHaye for ecumenism and a number of other transgressions. This document also gives an excellent background history of Tim and Beverly LaHaye's involvement in the religious right.
- A letter from CWA to its members, dated November 1995, attacking the National Education Association and gays and lesbians.
- Text of half-page ad run by Concerned Women for America, nationwide in newspapers on 13 October, 1995.
- GLAAD's response to CWA's nationwide advertisment.
- NGLTF Activist Alert also documenting CWA's attack ads against gays and lesbians.
- CWA targets NEA for their support of a GLB History Month.
- GLAAD Reports for February, 1995, further documenting CWA's targetting of Macy's.
- GLAAD Media Watch for 16 December, 1994, documenting CWA's attacks upon Macy's department stores for their advertising in The Advocate.
- GLAAD Reports for July 1994, documenting CWA's targetting of Ben & Jerry's support of the Sexual Minority Youth Action League.
- GLB-NEWS posting documenting CWA's letter urging their members to support Senator Jesse Helm's S.25, a piece of anti-gay legislation.
- GLB-NEWS posting documenting CWA's portrayal of the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund as "a militant homosexual group demanding special rights", and documenting the resulting flood of hate mail from CWA members.
- Transcript of radio interview of Beverly LaHaye, president of CWA, attacking the sixth North American Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Studies Conference.
- Text of a CWA letter attacking sex education in the public schools.
- Concerned Women for America homepage
- Family Voice, April 1996 "Lawfully Wedded?"by Jim Woodall, Vice President of Management
- Gay "Marriage": The Radical Restructuring of Our Culture
- Two anti-lesbigay marriage propaganda pieces promulgated by Beverly LaHaye and Concerned Women for America.
- "Your help is vital to stopping the destruction of America's children" a September, 1995 appeal letter from Beverly LaHaye to the members of Concerned Women for America.
- Homosexuality A Christian Perspective: "What Causes Homosexuality ?"
- Cites Tim LaHaye's (husband of CWA head Beverly LaHaye) book The Unhappy Gays: What Everyone Should Know About Homosexuality as an authority on what causes a person to "develop a predisposition to homosexuality."
Return to the Radical Religious Right Page
The Radical Religious Right pages | Greg R. Broderick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified 5 January, 1997