From: [email-masked] (Bjoern Skolander)

On 2 September 1996 Sweden's first all gay and lesbian show, HOMOGEN, will
be televised by the commercial channel ZTV. A channel known for its youth
and progressive profile.

The weekly programme will be hosted by ANITA KETTUNEN (30), a long-time
political lesbian activist, and PETER KNUTSON (32), who has worked as a
celebrity fotographer for the Swedish gay press. His special areas are
culture and entertainment. Ten additional persons have been recruited for
this project.

The programme is produced by NICKE JOHANSSON, who previously has produced a
documentary from the New York celebrations of the 25th anniversary of the
Stonewall riots, and also Real World Stockholm which included a gay character. 

 - I have wanted to make a gay TV show for several years, Johansson says to
Kom Ut (Swedish gay monthly magazine), inspired by similar project in the UK.

 - I believe that the gay community has to realize that it's important to
use media as a way of creating change. Maybe even more important than the
political work done by our gay and lesbian organisations. Political fight is
important, but it is only a part of our liberation movement.

One of the aims of Homogen is to show the diversity of the glbt community.
Music, news and fitness are other examples of what the show will feature.

SOURCE: KOM UT 1996/4