From: "Marek Szymczyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 1994 10:40:57 CET

PAP (Polish Press Agency) published in a press service dated on 
94.11.17
draft results of public opinion survey made by DEMOSKOP institute.

The survey was made on a representative probe of Polish society (958 
persons
on age above 15) on 14-17 October '94. There was only one question 
concerning 
equal or unequal treatment of lesbians and gays, Jews, Gipsies and 
former communists comparatively to the rest of Polish population.

More than 50% of respondents think that homosexuals are dealt worse 
than
other and 3% has an opposite opinion.

Results are:

                       WORSE          EQUAL          BETTER

Lesbians & gays         >50%           22%             3%

Jews                    29%            46%             11%

Gipsies                 50%            32%             7%

Former communists       22%            48%             17%

===========================================================

These results are confusing a little comparing them to results
of survey on social acceptance of homosexuality in Poland made by
CBOS on June '94. It seems that our society is intolerant (results
of CBOS survey) and is fully aware of that (results of DEMOSKOP)!

Is there anybody who can explain that? 
Do you have any concepts?

Marek