Subject: Amsterdam House&Sail '98
From: "Hanneke Sprenger (SANTE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:09:41 +0100

Amsterdam, 11th of November 1997

Dear magazine or website,

We like to inform you of our interesting and unique travel possibility 
before and during the gay games in the Netherlands in 1998.

AMSTERDAM HOUSE&SAIL '98 is special invented for this international gay 
event by two dutch women (one gay and one hetero) who were looking for a 
challenge and chance to show their guest country to gay women and men 
from all over the world.

Would you be so kind to either link our website or to write an editorial 
piece on this unique subject in your magazine, mentioning our website? 
With our permission you can take text and pictures of our website. We 
can also send you color pictures and text if required.

AMSTERDAM HOUSE&SAIL '98 affords visitors to the Gay Games the unique 
opportunity of lodging on authentic dutch sprit sail barges during the 
Games, and sailing these barges through the Netherlands during the 
previous week.These barges, which will be moored conveniently near the 
Central Station, are 70 feet or longer and as comfortable and luxurious 
as such ships can be. The communal space and galley are shared. The 
cabins sleep 2 or 4 persons. One barge will be restricted to women and 
another to men. Full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner will be 
provided during the 6 days of sailing. Breakfast only during the week of 
the Games when you would probably prefer to explore the delights of 
Amsterdam in your free time.

A great part of the Netherlands has been wrested from the water, 
creating not only dry land, but a network of waterways for transport and 
trade. Sailing through this exotic and very beautiful landscape on the 
lakes and seas will be a physical battle with wind, weather and 
tide.Next to the amazing, fun mixture of battling with the elements 
there will be relaxation and companionship, and the thrill of the unique 
Dutch waters and landscapes, famous through the 16th century paintings 
of the masters with their skies and fascinating cloudscapes, so a first 
hand experience of Dutch history.

We look forward to your reply,

With gay greetings, Margaretha W. Posthumus and Hanneke Sprenger

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sante

e-mail [email-masked]

AMSTERDAM HOUSE&SAIL '98
Markt 76, 1354 AX Almere, The Netherlands
Telephone / fax  +31.36.5349309