Subject: Press release - Dublin Ireland LBG Pride 1996
From: "Tim O'Neill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 17:50:40 +0000

DUBLIN, IRELAND, LBG PRIDE 1996
Press Release

DON'T SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE

The Dublin Pride Committee is tickled pink to announce the absolutely 
fabulous 1996 Pride celebrations.

Commemorating the Stonewall riot in 1969, which is seen by many to be the 
birth of the modern queer rights movement, Dublin Pride celebrates the diversity, 
talent, lives and creativity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and 
transvestite people. 

Dublin Pride will be co-operating and co-ordinating with Pride 
celebrations around Ireland throughout June and July.

The fifth anniversary of the rejuvenated Pride celebrations in * Dublin * will 
be more remarkable than ever before. A week of amazing events will 
culminate on the 29th June with Dublin's queer mardi gras: the biggest, 
most festive parade and party in Dublin's queer history.

Some of the fabulous events planned for Pride Week include:

Pride Picnic & Barbeque on a beach in Dublin Bay
'Pride in Diversity' Art Exhibition
Cabaret
Outwrite Readings
Special Pride Film
Safer Sex Workshops
Public Meeting
plus discos, quizzes, - & whatever you're having yourself

We are very pleased that the Union of Students in Ireland's Student Centre 
in Temple Bar, Dublin city centre, will once again host the Pride Party on 
*Saturday 29th June 1996*.

Venues and dates of other events are being confirmed. Details will be 
announced as they arise.

For further person-to-person  information please contact:

Mick Quinlan in the daytime at  Dublin (+353 1) 660 2189
Sonya Mulligan in the evenings at Dublin (+353 1) 838 6057
Elizabeth O'Shea in the mornings at Dublin (+353 1) 872 7930
Elizabeth O'Shea in the evenings at Dublin (+353 1) 453 1103

or else:

e-mail contact via:
[email-masked]

IRC: #Gay-Ireland can often be found on the *Undernet*, especially at the 
weekend, (Saturday night from 22.00  to 02.00 on Sunday morning).
Closest server is:
ie.undernet.org:6667

Irish time  is GMT + 1 hour from April to October.

The INTERPRIDE Home Pages / World Wide Web...http://www.tde.com/~ialgpc

end