Subject: Boycott all German products?
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 13:10:45 -0500

(The following was posted on the gay news board of America Online. Maybe it
is already time to EXPAND the German beer boycott to include more, if not
ALL, German products. MPetrelis)

31 Dec 1995 18:58:38 GMT

German Police Stamped Passports "Homosexual"

Officers of the Bavarian police force in Germany face disciplinary action
following the revelation that passports of homosexual men were stamped in a
discriminatory manner.

The passports were confiscated following several raids on gay nightspots in
the city of Munich.  When the documents were returned to their foreign owners
they had been stamped with the phrases "homo-szene" and "homo-strich" which
indicate involvment in the gay scene and participation on gay prostitution.

The homosexual community in Germany feel this homophobic trend reflects the
treatment of Jews during the Nazi era when their passports were stamped with
the letter "J".  A police department spokesperson could offer no explanation
for the incidents, only apologies.

Adam Starchild

Travel Free! at
http://www.gaytravel.com/starchild.htm

Transmitted: 1/2/96 12:04 PM