From: Pascal Chaudron <[email-masked]>

DECISIONS OF THE BOARD OF LESBIAN & GAY PRIDE PARIS

CONCERNING EUROPRIDE OF SATURDAY, 28 JUNE 1997

The Council of Lesbian & Gay Pride Paris, which brings together the
associations mentioned below, has decided by vote, at its February 8
meeting, on principal political orientations of the next EuroPride:

1.      Principal theme of EuroPride Paris: European citizenship

2.      Principal slogan of EuroPride Paris (which will be repeated on the
        banner at the head of the next March):

        Gays and lesbians: for a true European citizenship

3.      Solemn declaration and political platform of EuroPride Paris:

        A solemn declaration has been adopted. It consists of a text of two
pages which, proceeding from the current status of the rights of gays and
lesbians in Europe and of their social acceptance, denounces the
persistence of legal and social  discrimination against them. It stresses
inequality in access both to AIDS care and to AIDS prevention. The text
demands abolition of the discrimination and calls upon competent public 
authorities to assume their responsibilities. It demands for all the 
establishment of a true European citizenship.

Called upon are all the European states, the Council of Europe,the
European Parliament, the European Council, and the European Commission.

4.      Political action on the occasion of EuroPride Paris:

The Council officially invites all gay and lesbian associations as
well as all social activist groups (political parties,  unions, human
rights organizations, etc.) in Europe to sign this solemn declaration
in order to give it greater weight in the opinion of European institutions.

5.      Lesbian & Gay Pride / Aides Partnership:

        The Board has validated the partnership that Lesbian & Gay Pride
Paris has established with Aides in the fields of health and AIDS prevention. 
Its objectives are:

        * a massive volunteer surveillance and prevention presence at all
        venues of gay and lesbian events during the week of EuroPride

        * a Paris billboard campaign in several languages on AIDS
        prevention

        * a launching of the Health Space of the EuroSalon of Homosociality

The Council of Lesbian & Gay Pride Paris is composed of the following
associations:

Aides Paris-Ile-de-France, Alter Ego, Association des Amis de Bonneuil,
Association des Parents Gais et Lesbiens, Beit Ilaverim, Caramels Fous,
Cour et Jardin, David & Jonathan, Equivox, GAGE, Gai Moto Club, Gais et
Lesbiennes Branchees, Gais et Lesbiennes Chez les Verts, Gais Musette,
Homosexualites et Socialisme, MAG, MEC, Memorial de la Deportation
Homosexuelle, RHIF, and Vaincre le Sida.

Next public coordination meeting: Saturday, March 15, at 2 p.m. at the
headquarters of Lesbian & Gay Pride Paris.

Next Council meeting: Saturday, April 19, at 2 p.m. at the same
location.

Supplementary information:

*The appearance of the first issue of the monthly journal EuroPride is
imminent. Distributed free every month in all gay and lesbian places in
France, it will give complete information on the progress of the March
and on the set of gay and lesbian events of next June.

*The SNCF, the RATP, and AVIS Car Rentals are partners of
EuroPride Paris 97. The SNCF will offer reductions of 30% on train
travel and will install information signs in 400 stations.

Association Lesbian & Gay Pride Paris - 27, rue du faubourg Montmartre -
75009 Paris

Press Telephone: 06 80 14 47 63 - General Telephone: 01 47 70 01 50 -
Fax: 01 45 23 10 66
email: [email-masked]

Reminder: EuroPride Paris, Saturday, 28 June 1997