From: Hannele Lehtikuusi <[email-masked]>

Feb 28, 1997

  - Finnish Partnership legistlation proceeds with little steps -

 The Committee of Law decided on February 27, that they will take under
 consideration the Bill on Recognized Partnership. Decision was made after
 hearing Mr Helin from Ministry of Justice. Mr Helin is responsible of the
 report prepared by the Ministry last October dealing with the legal effects
 of partnership legistlation. Report was requested by the Committee of Law
 in mid June 1996 and was made public in early October 1996.
 
 Today, February 28, the Commitee of law decided to request comments and
 opinions from the juridical side (University), on the relious side
 (Lutheran Church) and also from the people that the legistltion concerns
 (SETA, the Finnish National Organization for Sexual Equality). After
 hearing these comments the Committee of Law will decide on further
 proceedings.
 
 There should be more news to tell in the mid March when the Commitee of Law
 has received the reports and heart the three commentators.
 
  yours
 
 Hannele Lehtikuusi
 chairperson
 SETA, Finnish National Organization for Sexual Equality