Subject: New Agression against Gay Hotels

From: [email-masked] (Hotel Casa Blanca de Ml. Ant. S.A.)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 12:31:40 -0600

NEW AGRESSION AGAINST GAY/LESBIAN HOTELS IN COSTA RICA

Today's editions from the Costarican national newspapers "La Prensa Libre"
and unfortunately also "La Nacion" (which yesterday promised to correct the
discriminations and lies made by "La Prensa Libre") called an "inquisition"
down on Hotel Joluva, Hotel Colours and Hotel Casa Blanca - Costa Rica's
gay/lesbian hotels.

Both papers are statig that gay/lesbian tourisme is naturally connected to
prostitution and sex-tourisme. Therefore the catholic church and other
institutions like the tourist bureau (ICT) are asking to find the legal
methods of closing all gay/lebian hotels down!

In the constitution of Costa Rica minorities are protected by law from
discrimination!

I just received dead threats by phone and I had a self nominated commission
"for the closing of hotel Casa Blanca" calling me to advise me that they
want to destroy physically our hotel!

I have no chance to get E-Mail address for the govermental offices of Costa
Rica (I doubt that they have E-Mail!), so please support us by sending your
letters of protest to the following fax numbers.

Please forward this message to all people and organisations which might help us.

We will elaborate the accusation of "La Prensa Libre" and "La Nacion" today
to present it today or latest tomorrow to the supreme court!

Please give us as much support as possible!

La Nacion:                              e-mail: [email-masked]
La Prensa Libre:                        Fax: (+506) 223-4671
Casa Presidencial
President Jose Maria Figueres Olsen:    Fax: (+506) 253-9078
Tourist Ministery
Ing. Carlos Roesch                      Fax: (+506) 255-4997
Defensoria de Habitantes
Defensor Lic. Rodrigo Carazo Zeledon    Fax: (+506) 296-2512
CANATUR                                 Fax: (+506) 253-8102

Thank you very much for you kind support!

Kindest regards

Harald Holler
Hotel Casa Blanca
Manuel Antonio / Costa Rica

******************************************************************************
To send a message to the entire list "queerplanet", email [email-masked]

This list is run by the program [email-masked].
*******************************************************************************