From: [email-masked] (Victoria Edwards)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 10:26:06 -0400 (EDT)

Gay, Lesbians & Transgendered Persons
                        Ottawa, Ontario Canada 
                      
                              ADDICTION

*Adult Children of Alcoholics - Gay & Lesbian*   (613)-234-6391
 88 Main St CC  Ottawa, Ont             Monday  8pm - 9pm 
Adult Children of Alcoholics 12 Step Self help group for lesbians
& gay men All welcome. For more information about these and other
neighbourhood groups call the Al Anon main office (number above) 

*Alanon - Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual*       (613)-234-3781
 Thursday 8pm,             Information:  (613)-237-XTRA 2031     
 St Pierre Community Center   
 252 Friel Ottawa, Ont                                           

Alanon 12 Step Self help group for lesbians, gays, & bisexuals
who are affected by somepone else's drinking All welcome For more
information about these and other neighbourhood groups call the
Alanonmain office (number above)           

*Alcoholics Anonymous  - Gay & Lesbian*  (613)-237-6000
 Monday 8 pm,  Wednesday 8pm         
 353 Friel, St Pierre Community Center 
 Sunday 8pm,                Friday 7pm,  
 88 Main, Main St CC      153 Laurier, Oblate 
Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Self help group for lesbians and gay
men. All welcome. For more information about these and other
neighbourhood groups call the AA main office
(number above)       
Glebe United Church               650 Lyon St James Church
Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Self help group for lesbians. All
welcome. For more information about these and other neighbourhood
groups call the AA main office (number above)           
       
* Sex Addicts Anonymous*            (613)-339-0217 
SAA                           Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2028          
20477 Ottawa, Ont
K1N 1A3
Sex Addicts 12 Step Self help group for lesbians, gays &
bisexuals who require support to stop compulsive sex behaviour
All welcome  
                      _________________________                  
                    Human Rights & Political Action

*ALGO PAC *              (613)-233-0152  
318 Lisgar,  2nd floor   (613)237-XTRA 2049
Gay & Lesbian & Bisexual Political Action Committee

*Anti-Racism Action*       (613)237-XTRA 2024
Tues 7pm                                
Holds demonstrations, presentations against ageism, homophobia,
ableism, racism. Also play soccer at 2pm at Lebreton flats.

*Equality for Gays & Lesbians Everywhere Egale* (613)-230-1043
1st Tuesday/Month (Board meeting)      Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2035
3rd Tuesday/Month (Human Rights Committee)
Arts Court, 2 Daly Ave
Egale works to advance equality & justice for gays, lesbians and
bisexuals in the federal & international level

*New Democratic Gay Caucus*       (613)237-XTRA 2059
New Democratic Party Gay & Lesbian caucus.

* Ottawa Police Bias Crimes Unit* (613)-236-4311
                           Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2043
Ottawa Police Department Police Bias Crimes Unit To report a
crime biased on the grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin,
colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, handicap, age, marital status, the receipt of
public assistance, record of offences or AIDS-related issues.
Crime can be reported confidentially or not
                                                             
*Task Force on Violence*     Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2043    
3rd Monday, Ottawa Police Gayline:  (613)-238-1717
Gay Lesbian Task Force on Violence documents anti-lesbian and gay
violence and does anti-homophobia, anti-racism workshops         

*   Speaker's Bureau & Professional Training PTS* (613)-563-4818 
 71 Bank, 2nd floor,Ottawa,       Info:   (613)-237-XTRA 2019 
Pink Triangle Services homophobia education and speakers bureau  

               ________________________________
                    AIDS & SAFER SEX 

*AIDS 800 Infoline* Info & Counselling Line:  (800)-668-2437
Hours:  Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm         
Ontario 1-800 Aids Information, Counselling and Safer Sex
Information Line                
                                        
*AIDS Committee of Ottawa*Info& Counselling Line: (613)-238-4111
Hours: Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm     Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2042
207 Queen (at Bank),Ottwa, Ont                                   

AIDS Committee of Ottawa, Aids Information, Counselling and Safer
Sex Education, AIDS Information Line                             

*AIDS Info Forum*             (613)-238-5014
 Main Branch Ottawa Public Library 1st Wed of month, 7pm
 The AIDS Information Forum is discussion group and offers
information sessions on AIDS 
                 
*AIDS Youth* Youth Services Bureau   (613)-568-2777
Discussion group to support youth affected by HIV disease Peer  
support, treatment information, counselling & outreach department

No fees 

*AIDS Infoline* Info & Councilling         (613)-238-5014
Hours: Monday - Sat 9am - 5pm       Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2054
Aids Information, Counselling and Safer Sex Information Line     

*Bereaved Families Support*  Info & Counselling (613)-738-7171
 Hours: Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm         
 Pink Triangle Services Bereavement Support for families,
referrals available                

*Bruce House Hospice*                  (613)-235-8815
 205-200 Isabella,Ottawa, Ont   Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm         
Bruce House is a free-standing, hospital-affiliated hospice
established for people with AIDS The hospice focusses on
maintaining the dignity and quality of life The program of
holistic care has three components; In-House Resident Care,
Community Out-Reach Service and Bereavement Counselling 
                               
*Canadian Aids Society*   Info & Counselling: (613)-230-3580
Hours:  Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm         
Canadian AIDS Society, Aids Information, Counselling and Safer
Sex Education, Federal & Provincial Lobby group                  

 * HIV Primary Care*                          (613)-235-8815
 Hours:   Monday - Friday 9am -5pm         
HIV Primary care is established for people with HIV and AIDS The
program focusses on maintaining the independence, dignity and
quality of life The program of holistic care has 3 components;
Out-patient Care, Community Out-Reach Service and Bereavement
Counselling 

 *  Living Room *                      (613)-563-0851
 207 Queen, 2nd floor, Ottawa, Ont Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm    

The Living Room is an Aids Committee of Ottawa initiative of a
social center established for people with AIDS The living room is
a drop in & focusses on maintaining the dignity and quality of
life  

 * Man to Man Aids Info Line*          (613)-238-5801
 207 Queen, 2nd floor, Ottawa, Ont  Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Aids Committee of Ottawa Man to Man Aids Information, Counselling
and Safer Sex Information Line For men who may have sex with
other men, but do not necessarily label themselves as gay
                                                
 *Ministry of Health Aids Info Line* (613)-563-2437
Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Ministry of Mealth Aids Information, Counselling and Safer Sex
Information Line for men and women

  * Women's Project AIDS *          (613)-238-5014 
 207 Queen  Ottawa, Ont        Hours:  Mon -Fri 9am-5pm   
AIDS Committee of Ottawa, Women's Project offers a discussion
group, Aids Information, Counselling and Safer Sex Education,
AIDS Information Line for women affected by AIDS 
                           _________________
                           Lending Libraries
 * Carleton University Gay Lesbian Bisexual Center, Lending
Library*                           (613)-788-2600
Unicenter                  Info:      (613)-237-XTRA 2022
Lesbian & gay men's resources lending library 
    
*PTS Lending Library                (613)-563-4818 
 71 Bank, 2nd floor         Info:   (613)-237-XTRA 2011 
Mon,Wed,Thur, Sat        Gayline:   (613)-238-1717           
PTS lending library is an initiative of Pink Triangle Services  
Volunteers & donations of gay, lesbian material welcome. Some
books for sale for $.25 or $1.00.  

*Women's Movement Library *          (613)-564-8129 
 University of Ottawa, Hours:  Monday-Friday 8:45-12am 1-5pm     

                     ________________________
                    G.L.B. FRIENDLY COMMUNITY CENTERS

 *Association of Lesbians & Gays ALGO*     (613)-233-0512
 318 Lisgar,  2nd floor
Gay & Lesbian & Bisexual community center. Home of many gay &
lesbian artistic or cultural events and the Saturday Lavendar
Launderette women's bar. Algo is the home of the GO info
Community Paper 

 * Carleton University Gay Lesbian Bisexual Center* (613)788-2600
Unicenter                          Info:      (613)-237-XTRA 2022
Lesbian & gay men's resources library Discussion groups Coming
Out group, Bisexual group, color caucus Political action, drop-in
center, liason with other campus groups. Holds anti-homophobia
workshops during Frosh week and Sexuality Awareness Days
information campaign

*Carleton University Woman's Center*   (613)-788-2600
Unicenter                   Info:      (613)-237-XTRA 2022
Lesbian & women's resources library Discussion groups Women of
color caucus. Political action, drop-in center, liason with other
campus groups

*Ottawa University Woman's Center*    (613)-564-6853
Unicenter                 
Lesbian & women's resources library Discussion groups Women of
color caucus Political action, drop-in center, liason with other
campus groups

*Pink Triangle Services PTS*       (613)-563-4818 
 71 Bank, 2nd floor        Info:   (613)-237-XTRA 2010 
 Ottawa, Ont            Gayline:   (613)-238-1717         
 Pink Triangle Services is a registered charity, and a non-profit
organization PTS is a social services agency which offers a wide
variety of education, services & programs and fosters an
understanding of homosexuality PTS offers a gayline, peer
counselling, discussion groups, lending library, education and
speakers bureau 

 *Woman's Place*              (613)-789-2155 
 241 Bruyere          Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2040  
 Ottawa, Ont             Mon-Fri Hours: 9am-5pm     
Woman's Place is a lesbian-positive community center
Activities include cultural and special interest discussion
groups  Distributes a calendar on cultural events and other
community organizations 
                    __________________
                         COMPUTERS 

  *Mother's Board Buletin Board Service* Modem: (613)-728-4112
Community based bulletin board system which allows lesbians & gay
men to communicate with each other from their own homes Also
welcomes any lesbian or gay groups to use the system to advertise
for free and contact their own members Users need: computer &
modem

               _____________________________                
                    CRISIS / PHONE LINES
*Gayline*
Address                         (613)-238-1717
71 Bank, 2nd Floor             Info:(613)-237-XTRA 2017
Ottawa, Ontario
PTS Initiative Gayline is a confidential information, & peer
counselling phone support line

* AIDS Infoline*           (613)-238-5014  (613)-237-XTRA 2054 
* AIDS 800 Infoline*       (800)-668-2437
* Distress Line *          (613)-238-3311  
* Rape Crisis *            (613)-238-6666  
* Gaysian Infoline *       (613)-237-XTRA 2032
* Man to Man Aids Info *   (613)-238-5801
* Min Health Aids Line *   (613)-563-2437
* Ottawa Law Info Line *   (613)-236-3893 
* Police Helpline *        (613)-236-0311        

                         ________________
                     MEDIA & INFORMATION SOURCES

 * Defiant Voices * 
CKCU FM 941                          (613)-788-2898
Wednesdays at 6pm                    Fax: (613)-788-4060
Carleton University Radio           Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2034
Queer radio featuring queer talk, queer music & queer events
listings Ottawa's only all-queer radio! 

 * Go Info *                  (613)-238-8990
2nd Tues/month                Info:   (613)-237-XTRA 2039
318 Lisgar
Association of Lesbians & Gays of Ottawa Publication, established
in 1972 Publishes 10 issues per year and completely volunteer run
Articles reflect diversity of Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual community
and reflect our community

 *Off the Pedestal*            (613)-788-2898  

 *People Like You* Radio CKCU  (613)-230-1397

*  Womanist *             
201-541 Sussex Ottawa, Ont                                       
Published for and about Women, the Womanist is a quarterly       
feminist paper packed with articles, profiles, interviews,
fiction, graphics, and more                           
                        
*Xtra! (Pink Triangle Press)*  X-Tension Service,
 77 Nepean, 2nd floor          24hr info line: (613)-237-XTRA
 Ottawa, Ont   Mon-Fri 10am-12pm, Weekends noon-midnight 
 News       (613)-237-9872 2001 Subscriptions (613)-237-9872 2808
 Submissions(613)-237-9872 2802 Adverts       (613)-237-9872 2804
 Xtra Events(613)-237-9872 2000 Teleguide     (613)-237-9872 2807
 GeneralInfo(613)-237-9872 2801 Out in City   (613)-237-9872 2803
Xtra! is Canada's largest Gay magazine providing Ottawa with the
most up-to-date news and entertainment listing XTRA! is
bi-weekly, available free in Metro Ottawa and also available by
subscription Free listings to all community groups on XTRA!'s
925-XTRA community info line 
      
               _______________________________               PEER SUPPORT
RAP GROUPS

*Asians & Friends* Info& Counselling Line:  (613)-728-6147       

                           Information:  (613)237-XTRA 2032
To provide peer support for Asians & their friends in the
National Capital communities Social & recreational activities
Limited counselling and referrals available

* hommes gaie francophone *  (613)-237-XTRA  2014
250 Somerset             Mercredi 19h30
Discussion pour les hommes gaie francophones

* Gay Men's Group*             Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2012
71 Bank Street, 2nd floor            
Mon 7:30pm - 10pm
The Pink Triangle Services Gay Men's Group offers peer
counselling, support, an opportunity to meet other gay/bi men,
discussion groups and socials

  * Sage *               Info:   (613)-237-XTRA 2016 
 314 Lisgar Stone Angel  3rd Sunday of the month 2-4pm     
Independent self help group to provide self help support to
persons over 40 and their friends. Offers friendly environment
for discussions, social events and sharing personal
experiences       

*Ottawa University Gay Lesbian Bisexuals* (613)-788-2600
Unicenter                   Info:      (613)-237-XTRA 2022
Ottawa University Lesbian & gay men's group Discussion groups
Coming Out group, Bisexual group Political action, liason with
other campus groups Holds anti-homophobia workshops during Frosh
week and Sexuality Awareness Days information campaign

* Women's Discussion Group PTS *     (613)-237-1818
 71 Bank, 2nd floor           Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2013
 Ottawa, Ont             Thursdays 7:30-9:30        
Peer counselling and support group for Women coming out,
discussion , drop-in, informal aatmosphere with facilitated
nurturing operated by volunteer collective Services include
peer support, socials and information sessions 
                  _________________
                      PROFESSIONALS     

* Lambda *                                (613)-233-8212 
Location: Area Restaurant   Information:  (613)-237-XTRA 2029
Lambda schedules dinners  1X per month & speechs by prominent
professional gays & lesbians; $17 members, $20 non-members Lamda
sponsors the LAMDA awards for outstanding service to the gay &
lesbian community 
                  ___________________________
                    SOCIAL SPORTS & RECREATION

    * Time Out Club*              (613)-237-XTRA 
Time Out Club which organizes recreation & leisure activities for
lesbians & gay men Activities include: skiing, cycling,
gardening, canoeing, BBQs, camping, volleyball, running, &
weekend excursions Membership fee $25/year Activities advertised
in XTRA! & newsletters distributed by Women's Bookstore & After
Stonewall Applications at Pink Triangle Center, 71 Bank or by
mail

*TIME OUT Aquafitness*        Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2026     
 321 King Edward Champlain Pool Ottawa, Ont                      

* Time Out Hiking/Canoe/Kayak*  Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2026      
Various locations Ottawa, & Region Hours: Call to confirm        

*Time Out Bowling*      Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2026           
 Kent Bowling Lanes Ottawa, Ont                                  

* Bytown Boots*     Info:    (613)-237-XTRA 2037
Jack Purcell CC  Mon 7-9pm (Line Dancing) Wed 7-9pm (Clogging)
  
* Volleball Time Out*         Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2036     
 235 McArthur Andre Laurendeau     
 Sun 7pm-10pm Pick Up Mon 7pm-10pm Novice 
 Wed 7pm-10pm Intermediate (tryout required)      
Associated with over 40 Volleyball Clubs in North America and
participate in fun volleyball meets in gay and lesbian
communities

* Weightlifting *          Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2023 
   
*Time Out Movie Night*     Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2062
Listings of movies of interest to the Gay Lesbian & Bisexual
community playing at various theatres in the NCR

* Rideau Speedos Time Out* Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2026  
 321 King Edward Champlain Pool Sun 5-7pm  Wed 7:30-8pm 
 Fri 7:30-8:30pm        
Time Out Recreational and Competative Swimming Club. Associated
with over 40 Swimming Clubs in North America and participate in
fun swim meets in gay and lesbian communities

 *Skiing Time Out*          (613)-237-XTRA 2023        
Time Out Recreational and Competative Skiing Club 
                                    
*  Ottawa Knights *        (613)-237-XTRA 2038  
Centertown Pub           1st Tuesday of month
340 Somerset, Ottawa     2nd Saturday of month
Maintaines communication, information, education and support
network for sisters & brothers of the Leather/SM/Fetish community
Living in Leather conferences, publications, educational
material, political activism and education to destroy
misconceptions about this community Fundraising Outreach to those
traditionally under-represented in the community
  
 *Sedna Productions *               (613)-234-3768 
                           Info:    (613)-237-XTRA 2069          
Sedna is a non profit, private, social organization to serve the
Women's Community Activities include cultural and special
interest groups, live entertainment and special events often on a
Spiritualism theme. Times and locations vary                     
           __________________________________                    

              *RELIGION & SPIRITUAL *
     
*Church of Our Lord*     Info:  (613)-237-XTRA 2033  
Sunday 9:30 am  Taboret Hall, University of Ottawa
Anglican & Roman Catholic special ministry for gay & divorced
people

 *Metropolitan Community Church*      (613)-232-0241         
 Contact: Rev Virginia Rinecker Info: (613)-237-XTRA 2041
  St John's Anglican Church(Somerset/Elgin) worship: Sunday, 4pm 

Provides christian worship service, pastoral counselling Referral
services  to other organizations in area                    
                                                                 
 *St John's Anglican Church*         (613)-232-0241 
 154 Somerset   worship: Sun, 11pm   Hours: by appointment
Provides worship service, pastoral counselling Referral services 
to other organizations in area                    

 *United Affirm *                 (613)-728-5969 
 297 Kent, 1st United Church       Hours: by appointment
Provides worship service, pastoral counselling Referral services 
to other organizations in area                    

                     _________________
                         YOUTH

 *Orientation Exploration*         (613)-234-5511
Youth Services Bureau Offices Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Orientation Exploration is a Youth Services initiative, a 16 week
program for youth (under 25) who have serious concerns, issues or
are unsure about their orientation Youth Services Bureau
Councillors facilite There is no fee for YSB services 

  * Youth Discussion Group PTS*  (613)-563-4818  
 71 Bank 2nd floor              Info:(613)-237-XTRA 2014   
 Hours:   Wednesday 8pm-10pm    Gayline:(613)-238-1717           

Peer councelling and support group for Gays, Lesbians and
Bisexuals, under 25 Services include coming out group,
discussions, drop-in, informal atmosphere with facilitated
discussion perated by volunteer youth collective A professional
councellor is available for one-on-one councelling               

*Youth Services Bureau*  Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
YSB Head Office (Counselling) (613)-729-1000 
YSB Employment Services       (613)-230-7887
Youth Info Line               (613)-238-2088
1338 1/2 Wellington
YSB Drop In                   (613)-562-0910
91 Murray, Ottawa, Ontario
YSB East End                  (613)-744-8166
297 Dupuis, Ottawa, Ontario
YSB Orientation Exploration   (613)-234-5511
465 Maclaren Center 313, Ottawa, Ontario
YSB West End                  (613)-596-5621 
7-35 Stafford, Nepean, Ontario
Youth Services Bureau is a social services agency serving youth,
under 25. Services include a drop in, group for HIV + youth,
Orientation Exploration, Parents of Gays & lesbians group as well
as ongoing counselling There is no fee for YSB services
                    __________________________
                    X-DRESSING / TRANSVESTITE

* Trans Gender Mosaic *            (613)-749-5203 
 Box 7421   Vanier, Ont K1L 8E4       monthly meetings  
 Contact Person:  Joanne Law             
Our objective is to provide a safe and welcoming place for
male-to-female and female-to-male transsexuals, transvestites,
and their significant others to get together with like-
minded individuals. Attendance at Trans Gender functions is open
to all interested persons regardless of gender. Services include
peer support, socials and information sessions. Also produce
Gender Mosaic community newspaper.