Subject: Re: Paging LEGIT (Canada), SIG (United Kingdom) and LGITF , (Australia)

From: Paul Fairley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 16:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!  I am familiar with LEGIT -Toronto and will pass you message on.

By the way,
I am on the Board of Directors of The Campaign for Equal Families - 
Toronto, a non-profit group fighting to recognition of same-sex 
relationships.

I was wondering if we could be listed on the QRD as well?

We were born in the fight for Bill 167, legislaton which would have 
amended all Ontario laws that defined spouse as opposite-sex only.

That bill was defeated last year, but we are currently:
	o	lobbying the federal and provincial governements
		with a team of 30 individuals from the community
	o	networking with other equality seeking groups
		to build a common front for equality rights
	o	beginning an effort to catalogue and then lobby 
		private-sector employers to permit lesbians and 
		gays equal access to employment benefits.

We're a busy group with almost 50 active volunteers, and many in the 
community treat us as a resource for information on relationship 
recognition issues.  

I've used the QRD myself and know that groups like EGALE are on, so I 
was wondering if we could work together as well.

I'll talk to my Board on Tuesday (8 AUG), so if you could provide me 
with some general info and stats on the QRD before then, thatwould be a 
BIG help. 

I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Paul Fairley | [email-masked] | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | (416) 926-0401
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=