Subject: Gov't Bill amending Canadian Human Rights Act gets 1st reading
From: Chris Ambidge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:13:16 -0400

[Monday 1996 04 29 15:00 EDT]

It has happened!!

I just saw with my own eyes on the Parliamentary channel the 
Speaker of the House of Commons speaking of "An Act to amend the 
Canadian Human Rights Act", moved by Mr Rock, seconded by Mr Collenette.

The Bill has received first reading [which is purely formal], will
be printed and distributed to members.

"When will the bill next come before the House for second reading?"
"At the next sitting of the House"

Second reading (approval in principle) will be when the real debate
starts.

Chris

[fasten your seat belts, its gonna be a bumpy ride]

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
**    if the planets are misaligned, I may have been logged in under an   **
** assumed name.  No matter WHAT/who it says at the top of this post, I am**

Chris Ambidge / [email-masked] / [email-masked]  
   chemical engineering / university of toronto
   200 college st / toronto ON / M5S 3E5 // 416 978 3106