Subject: News Release - Please Post
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:13:04 EDT

PRESS RELEASE						June 1998

5th Annual International Conference of
Gay & Lesbian Criminal Justice Professionals

The Law Enforcement Gays and Lesbians of British Columbia (LEGAL BC) and
LEGAL International are proud to sponsor the 5th Annual International
Conference of Gay & Lesbian Criminal Justice Professionals.

The conference takes place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Vancouver,
British Columbia, Canada from September 17 to 20, 1998 and is designed
for peace officers, firefighters, parole and probation officers,
corrections officers, prosecutors, jurists, and criminal justice support
personnel.

The theme of this year's conference is, "Healing the Past; Living in the
Present; Education for the Future".   Marshall Smith, Conference
Organizer says: "The program fulfills our 1998 conference mission
statement: Promoting understanding, fostering education, and expanding
horizons; opposing hate/bias crimes and intolerance; being positive role
models - in particular to youth."

Conference attendees will include people who are professionals seeking
to create and maintain a positive work environment, regardless of sexual
orientation; who serve as liaisons with the gay and lesbian community;
or who are members of the gay and lesbian community. 

The workshop topics include "Ending Discrimination against Transgender
Persons"; "Expectations of Good Government"; and "Setting up a Bash
Line".

LEGAL BC and LEGAL International are non-profit societies working to promote
fellowship among  our members, and to provide resources for the exchange of
information with other organizations.  Goals of the organizations include the
fostering of educational opportunities through various conferences, workshops
and training sessions; engaging in charitable activities; providing outreach
to law enforcement and criminal justice professionals; and fostering mutually
beneficial relationships between these organizations and the gay, lesbian,
bisexual and transgender community.

FOR A CONFERENCE BROCHURE & MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Sarah Lowis, CMP, Conference Manager, International Conference Services
Ltd
Tel: (604) 681 - 2153		Fax: (604) 681 - 1049		Email:  [email-masked]

For on-line registration and complete Conference details go to the web site:
http://geocities.com/westhollywood/park/1189
http://geocities.com/westhollywood/park/1189