From: [email-masked] (Alejandra Sarda)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 22:14:03 -0300

NEW LESBIAN GROUPS ARE CREATED IN BUENOS AIRES

Three new lesbian groups have started working in Buenos Aires:

ESCRITA EN EL CUERPO - Archivo y Biblioteca Lesbica
(WRITTEN ON THE BODY - Lesbian Archives and Library)

This is a space that is starting to be built on women's texts
and voices. We collect newspaper and magazines clippings,
personal diaries, letters, photographs, audio and videotapes,
original articles, books, etc. about lesbians' personal and
political lives. And we share our material with individuals
and groups interested on the subject, both locally and abroad.
Recently, we have set an agreement with the MOVILH (a Chilean
lesbigay group) to work together on a binational basis. We
also publish a montly bulletin with news as a way to advertise
ourselves in local lesbian community.

Chela Amadio - Alejandra Sarda
Piedras 1170 1ero.B (1070) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phones: 54-1-931 96 48 y/o 307-66 56
E.mail: [email-masked]

GRUPO DE INTEGRACION LESBICA
(Lesbian Integration Group)

We started as SIGLA (Argentinean Gay/Lesbian Integration
Society)'s women group and now have decided to start working
on our own. We meet weekly to discuss any issue that might be
relevant to the lesbian existence and we also work politically
for our rights as women and lesbians. 

Coordinator: Mirta Molinari
Guemes 4581 P.B., Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phones: 54-1- 774 5796

LESBIANAS A LA VISTA
(Lesbians on sight)

We are an action-working group. Our current priorities are the
development of lesbians' creative power and the deepening of
our visibility.

We are divided in the following working areas:

"Marea Lila" (Lavender Tide): artistical performances in
unconventional places. Our first action will be on Spring Day
(September 21th): a kite-soaring party on a public park. All
kites will carry lesbian messages, of course. In charge:
Monica Pavicich.

"Lesbianas en su tinta" (Lesbians at home) Discussion group
for young lesbians or freshly come-outs. In charge: Bibi
Lorenzano and Monica Santino.

Visibility campaign: Organizes lesbian workshops at public
events, ONGs, neighbourhood asociations, schools, etc. In
charge: Laura Eiven and Alejandra Sarda.

Abuse in lesbian relationships: Study group on the subject. On
September 23th we will conduct a prevention/information
workshop at a bar, aimed at the local lesbian community. For
next year, we are planning a hot line and a self-help group.
In charge: Alejandra Sarda y Fabiana Tron.

Piedras 1170 1ero. B (1070) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phones:54 -1 - 307 66 56 y/o 931- 96 48
E.mail: [email-masked].

--
[email-masked]

< Fin - End >

******************************************************************************
To send a message to the entire list "queerplanet", email [email-masked]

This list is run by the program [email-masked].
*******************************************************************************