Subject: Fwd: WORLDSPAN GLOBAL - Press Release
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 11:37:50 -0500

FYI.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    WORLDSPAN GLOBAL - Press Release
Date:    96-01-26 00:29:43 EST

WORLDSPAN GLOBAL - NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - January 29, 1996

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Glen Paul Freedman, GLOBAL Chair
770-563-6413-Phone / 404-627-5397-Fax

Scott Clodfelter, GLOBAL Vice Chair
770-563-7683-Phone

E-Mail Address: [email-masked]

GLOBAL Achieves Non-Discrimination Policy Goal

ATLANTA - Representatives of GLOBAL, an employee group of WORLDSPAN, have
announced that WORLDSPAN recently revised company policy to protect existing
and prospective employees from discrimination based on sexual orientation.
 The Atlanta-based company provides computerized reservation systems for the
travel industry and is owned jointly by Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines,
Trans World Airlines, and Abacus Distribution Systems.

"We are pleased with WORLDSPAN's pro-active stance regarding support of its
employees," said Glen Paul Freedman, chairman of GLOBAL, the association of
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual employees at WORLDSPAN.  "It is exciting to see
WORLDSPAN join the growing number of companies taking the initiative to
enhance their non-discrimination policy based on sexual orientation."

The policy changes, which became effective November 1, include an addition to
the company's non-discrimination clause of its Equal Employment Opportunity
Policy, enhancements to harassment-free workplace policy, and the addition of
a statement on its employment applications that WORLDSPAN does not
discriminate based on sexual orientation.

GLOBAL worked hand-in-hand with WORLDSPAN senior management earlier this year
to institute the policy changes, according to Freedman.  "GLOBAL took the
initial steps to raise the subject with WORLDSPAN's human resources staff,
and they were receptive to talking about diversity issues with us," Freedman
said.  The initial contact led to a series of meetings which enabled GLOBAL
to review positive results from case studies of other companies that have
made similar policy changes, he said.  "Employees in any company are happier,
more dedicated to their employer, and more productive, in a environment where
they don't have to fear losing a promotion, or even their job, if their
sexual orientation is discovered," Freedman said.

The decision is also significant to GLOBAL members because WORLDSPAN, with
1,800 Atlanta-based employees, is the second largest private employer in Cobb
County, Georgia.  In 1993 the Cobb County Board of Commissioners passed a
controversial resolution condemning "the gay lifestyle."  In addition to the
Atlanta employee base, the company has more than 600 employees in Kansas
City, Missouri, and sales and service staff throughout the United States and
Europe.

WORLDSPAN Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual Alliance League (GLOBAL), was founded in
1995  as an educational employee group in support of diversity in the
workplace.  In addition to assisting with the non-discrimination policy,
GLOBAL was instrumental in assisting WORLDSPAN initiate a new diversity
training program for all management staff.

WORLDSPAN Travel Information Services, is one of world's largest provider of
computerized reservations services for airlines and travel agencies, serving
Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines, Trans World Airlines, Abacus, and more
than 15,000 travel agencies with computerized reservation systems.

#     #     #