From: WWW Consultation <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 19:22:56 -0800

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 95 08:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: mugabe's visit

Here is the annoucement, in two parts,  about Mugabe's visit.

There are a number of people listed in the program who might be pusuaded to
join in a protest, including Andrew Young, civil rights worker and former mayor
of Atlanta.

Part 1:
* * * * * * * * *

From: [email-masked] (Chidi Nwachukwu)
Newsgroups:
bit.tech.africana,soc.culture.african,soc.culture.african.american,soc.culture 
.south-africa
Subject: *-* MEET PRESIDENT R. G. MUGABE *-*
Date: 29 Aug 1995 00:29:32 -0500
Organization: Exec-PC
Lines: 519
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: earth.execpc.com
Xref: news.aa.net bit.tech.africana:1814 soc.culture.african:30962  
soc.culture.african.american:101083 soc.culture.south-africa:5456

Second Annual International Workshop on Trade and Business
between Africa and the United States
Ramada Airport Convention Center
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
October 25-26, 1995

================================================================

        Learn How To:
        --------------
* Export your products to Africa
* Import products from Africa
* Invest in African firms and industries
* Bid on  construction projects in Africa
* Get incentives from African Governments
     to manufacture in Africa  for Export
* Export your products, duty-free,  to Africa
* Import African products duty-free
* Find Representation and Distribution
     for your products in Africa
* Find out about opportunities in the infrastructure
     sector in Africa
* Benefit from the strength of the Dollar
     in your business transactions with Africa
* Set up a business franchise in Africa
* Insure your business operations in Africa

         Make Contacts with:
         -------------------
* Top Business Leaders from Africa
* Cabinet Ministers from Africa
* African Ambassadors to the United States
* US Govt. Officials who deal with Africa
* US businesses that export to Africa
* US businesses that import from Africa
* African businesses that import from the US
        to manufacture in Africa  for Export
* African businesses that export to the US
* African govt. officials who make import decisions
        for their countries

WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
- -----------------

The workshop is divided into three main focus areas.
The first explores opportunities for US businesses in
infrastructure development and specific infrastructure
projects in Africa. Among dignitaries to address participants
in this area are: S. T. Maharaj, Minister of Transport,
Republic of South Africa; Rodney Slater, Administrator,
US Federal Highway Administration, Andrew Young, Chairman,
South African Development Fund, Gloria Jeff, Associate
Administrator for Policy, Federal Highway Administration,
Robert Nathan, United States Agency for International
Development,  Richard Miller, Vice President, Wilbur Smith
and Associates, Jim Stallenwesk, President, Construction
Industry Manufacturers Association (CIMA), Musheer Robinson,
Senior Vice President, Marsh and Mclennan

The Second focus area examines opportunities in the
export-import and service sectors in Africa. Dignitaries
expected to participate in this Focus Area include Ron Brown,
US Secretary of Commerce, Dipak Patel, Minister of Trade
and Industry, Republic of Zambia;  Ken Brody, Chairman
and CEO, Export-Import Bank of the United States, Frank Kennedy,
Chief Executive Officer, Equator Holdings Limited,
Joseph Parker, Fleet Sales Manager, GM Overseas Distribution
Corporation, David Miller, Executive Director,
Corporate Council on Africa.

The Final focus area looks at the great opportunities
for US Pension Funds, Investment Boards, institutional investors,
and the general investment community, in Africa's privatization
programs, debt-equity, bonds, and capital markets.  Discussions
in this area will be led by: Mayanja Nkanji, Minister of Finance,
Republic of Uganda (invited),  Patricia Lipton, Executive Director,
State of Wisconsin Investment Board; Lauretta Bruno, Vice President
and Manager for Africa, JP Morgan, Ken Kwaku, Global Investments
Manager, Multilateral Investments Guarantee Agency, World Bank,
William Moses, Executive Director, The Watson Foundation,
Meg Voohese, Executive Director, IIRC, and Esom Alintah,
Chairman/CEO, Fortune Group of Companies, Secretary-General,
African Business Roundtable.

Focus Area One: Opportunities in the Infrastructure Sector in Africa
- ---------------

Prospects for Infrastructure Projects and Privatization in Africa
Creative ways to finance Infrastructure Projects in Africa
Opportunities in Africa's Transport Sector for US Businesses
The U.S. Federal Highway Administration's South Africa Program
Doing Business in Africa: Opportunities for US Engineering and
        Consulting Firms
Opportunities for U.S. Construction Equipment and Spare Parts
        Suppliers in Africa
Who is Funding Public/Private Projects in Africa in the
        Transport Sector: Infrastructure and Service
Providers - Opportunities for U.S. Firms/Suppliers.

Focus Area Two:     Opportunities in the Export-Import and Service
- ---------------     Sectors in Africa

How Do I Sell my Products in Africa?
What and How Could I Import from Africa?
Does a Market exist in Africa for my Products?
Does a Market exist in Africa for my Service business?
How can I enter that Market?
Facilitating US-Africa Trade Through the Export-Import banks
         of the of the United States and Africa
How the Investment Guarantee Agencies Protect Investments in Africa

Focus Area Three: Opportunities in Africa's Privatization,
- ----------------- Debt-Equity, Bonds, and Capital Markets.

Steps and Strategies for Investing in Africa's Capital Markets
Financial Market Evolution in South Africa since the end of
        apartheid: stock market, bond market, foreign exchange
        market, monetary and fiscal policy update
Privatizations and Credit Considerations in Africa for U.S.
        Portfolio Managers: Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Morocco.
What African Stock Exchanges are doing to attract foreign investors
How the major state investment boards and pension funds organize
and participate in international markets
Trends in targeted investing in Africa.

============[ TENTATIVE SCHEDULE ]======================

PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
- -----------------

OPENING RECEPTION
        - Tuesday, October 24, 1995
          5:30 pm - 8:00 pm

WEDNESDAY October 25, 1995
        7:00 am Registration Opens
        8:00 am - 8:30 am Welcome Addresses
        8:30 am - 1:30 pm Focus One

FOCUS ONE SELECTED SPEAKERS
        - S.T. Maharaj, Minister of Transport
                Republic od South Africa
        - Rodney Slater, Administrator
                U.S. Federal Highway Administrator
        - Andrew Young, Chairman,
                South African Development
        - Gloria Jeff, Associate Administrator for Policy
                U.S. Federal Highway Administrator
        - Richard Miller, Vice President
                Wilbur Smith and Associates
        - Jim Stallenwesk, President
                Construction Industry Manufacturers Association
        - Musheer Robinson, Senior Vice President,
                Marsh & Mclennan

        ** Lunch Address (12:00 - 1:15 pm)
           Honorable Rodney Slater, Administrator
                U.S. Federal Highway Administration

        * Break (15 minutes)

From: WWW Consultation <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon,  4 Sep 95 19:21:39 -0800
Subject: Mugabe Milwuakee convetion part 2.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 95 08:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mugabe in USA part 2

Continued from part 1..

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

FOCUS TWO SELECTED SPEAKERS
        - Ron Brown,
                U.S. Secretary of Commerce
        - Dipak Patel, Minister of Trade And Industry
                Republic of Zambia
        - Ken Brody, Chairman and CEO,
                Export-Import Bank of the United States
        - Franklin Kennedy, CEO,
                Equator Holdings Ltd.
        - Joseph Parker, Fleet Sales Manager,
                GM Overseas Distribution Corporation,
        - David Miller, Executive Director,
                The Corporate council on Africa

        ** RECEPTION FOR DIGNITARIES AND WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS
                (6:30pm - 7:15pm)

        ** DINNER BANQUET KEYNOTE ADDRESS (7:30pm - 9:30pm)
           His Excellency President Robert G. Mugabe
           President of the Republic of Zimbabwe

TURSDAY OCTOBER 26, 1995
        08:00am - 11:30am Focus Two Continues.
        11:45am - 01:00pm Luncheon Address
        Honorable S.T. Maharaj, Minister of  Transport,
                Republic of South Africa

        01:10pm - 05:30pm Focus Three

FOCUS THREE SELECTED SPEAKERS:
        - Mayanja Nkanji, Minister of Finance,
                Republic od Uganda (invited)
        - Patricia Lipton, Executive Director,
                State of Wisconsin Investment Board
        - Lauretta Bruno, Vice President and Manager,
                JP Morgan
        - Ken Kwaku, Global Investments Manager,
                Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, World Bank
        - William Moses, Executive Director,
                The Thomas J. Watson Foundation
        - Meg Voohrees, Executive Director,
                Investors Responsibility Research Center, Inc.
        - Esom Alintah, Secretary-General,
                African Business Roundtable

        ** RECEPTION FOR DIGNITARIES AND WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS:
                (6:30pm - 7:00pm)
        * DINNER BANQUET ADDRESS (7:15pm - 9:30pm)
          Honorable Mayanja Nkanji, Minister of Finance
                Republic of Uganda

- ---->>>>  WHO SHOULD ATTEND <<<<-------

CEOs, Investment Bankers, Importers, Exporters
Persons with international sales responsibilities
International Business and Marketing Professors
State and Municipal Pension Fund Managers
State and Municipal Pension Fund Managers
Construction Executives
International business and marketing professors
Accountants
Africanists
International bankers and attorneys
International trade and business consultants
International investment managers
Money Managers
State and Local Government officials
Federal Government Agencies
Organizations with interest in Africa
Investors
Manufacturers
Marketing Director
Equipment Manufacturers
Medical suppliers
Automotive spare parts manufacturers/suppliers
Franchisors
Venture Capitalists

===================================================================

"The doubters should not just look at Africa's potential;
 the market is already significant, and ...
 growing far faster than our markets in Europe. African
 imports have risen by around seven percent per year for
 the past decade.  At this rate, the African market would
 amount to $480 billion by 2025. That is approximately
 $267 billion in today's dollars ...
 the same size as the Japanese market is today."

  -- J. Brian Atwood, Administrator
  -- United States Agency for International Development
  -- FOCUS, May 1995

The last seminar was one of the best seminars I have ever
attended. It was the basis for my trip to South Africa. Anyone
interested in doing business with Africa now or in the future
should attend this workshop. The contacts you make in one hour
alone are more than enough to generate plenty of business for
many years to come. And that sets this workshop apart from all
others.

 --- Dale Gilliam, President
 --- GBG, Inc.

In order to survive into the 21st century, American companies
must strategically position themselves in an increasingly
competitive global marketplace. The continent of Africa promises
excellent opportunities for companies to market their goods
and services and to form strategic investment partnerships
not just for the 21st century, but for today and beyond.

Michael Moon, President
SOFTWARELEMENTS CORPORATION

================================================================

WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
- ----------------------

Registration Fee    $325.00
Product Exhibition  $450.00

The registration fee includes admission to all workshop
sessions, briefing materials,  coffee breaks, receptions,
luncheon and dinner banquets. Payment can be made by check,
money order, Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. Checks
should be made payable to:

        International Business and Commerce Inc.

Completed registration form and payment
should be mailed to:

        International Business and Commerce Inc.,
        606 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 508,
        P.O. Box 17063,
        Milwaukee, WI 53217.

Those who prefer to be billed must specify the person within
their company or organization to whom the bill should be sent.
Such bills must be paid before the beginning of the workshop.
Completed registration forms with Credit Card, Purchase Order,
or billing information may also be faxed to:

        FAX: (414) 289-7775.

Cancellations: Requests for refunds will be granted less $100
processing fee if received at least five working days prior to
the beginning of the workshop. Substitutions will be accepted
at any time.

=================================================================
PRIVATE MEETINGS

Top business leaders, Cabinet Ministers, Ambassadors, Commercial
Counselors, and other leading government officials from Africa
and the United States will be present at the workshop.
To arrange a private meeting with any of these officials and
business leaders, please indicate the government
official, and country or countries of preference below.

Country:   1_________________________
           2_________________________
           3_________________________

Official:  1_________________________
           2_________________________
           3_________________________

Preferred meeting Time: 1 ______A.M.    2 _____ P.M.

Date:___________________

If a private meeting can not be arranged, would you be
interested in a small group meeting?

        1. _____  yes  2.______  No

================================================================