Subject: Press release
From: Eros Publishing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:30:48 -0800

BEYOND THE EDGE CAF�
703 E. PIKE
SEATTLE  WA  98122
206-325-6829

Contact Allena Gabosch for further information

For immediate release
Kill date:   January 1, 1997

Beyond the Edge Caf‚'s December Art Exhibit
Artists' reception December 7, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Beyond the Edge Cafe presents the paintings of Tom 
Tanaka and the sculpture of Lee Thomas.

People We Know:  Paintings in oil by Tom Tanaka

"A painting of a person should approximate the real person.  
Seeing a new painting should be like meeting someone 
new."

Tom Tanaka is a native of Seattle who studied painting at 
New York's Art Students League.  He exhibits at various 
local venues but is not represented by a gallery.  This year 
he won an honorable mention at the Donald Johnson 
memorial exhibition.

After the Apple:  Erotic sculpture by Lee Thomas.

Lee Thomas' work has appeared in Penthouse Magazine, 
several national erotic art shows and galleries in Denver, 
San Diego and Los Angeles.  She creates affordable erotic 
sculpture of cold cast porcelain and cast paper.  Lee was 
self-taught for some time but has since studied at the 
prestigious Art Students League of Denver.  She currently 
runs After the Apple Studio in Evergreen, Colorado.

BEYOND THE EDGE CAFE
703 E. PIKE
SEATTLE  WA  98122
DECEMBER CALENDAR OF EVENTS

December 2  The Women's Welcoming Committee.  A meeting for all women
interested in BDSM.  Especially geared for women new to the community.  WWC
meets the first Tuesday of every month.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

December 3  SPECTRUM  A discussion group for all female-born, male
identified persons. SPECTRUM meets the first Wednesday of every month.
7:00 PM

December 7  Sister's of Sin Toymaking Class.  Not exactly toys for
Christmas, but who knows.  Join us for a chance to make some interesting
toys.  Women only.  RSVP required.
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.  Call for more information.

December 7  Art Reception for Tom Tanaka and Lee Thomas.  People We Know:
paintings in oil by Tom Tanaka.  After the Apple:  erotic sculpture by Lee
Thomas.
6:30 to 9:00 PM  

December 9  The Men's Welcoming Committee.  A meeting for all men
interested in BDSM.  Especially geared for men new to the community.  The
MWC meets the first Tuesday of every month.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

December 11  Table of Ruthless Conversation, informal round-table
discussion for and about the BDSM community.   TORC generally meets the
second and fourth Thursday of every month.  There will be no TORC on
November 27 due to Thanksgiving.
7:30 PM until ?   free

December 14  SPIN, Seattle's newest polyamoury support group meets every
other Sunday.  
2:30 PM to 4:30 PM

New Date To Be Announced (call for date):  No Safeword Writer's Group.
This group of aspiring (and sometimes perspiring) writers meet each month.
If you have work that you want to share bring ten or so copies.
6:30 PM until ?  free

December 28  SPIN, Seattle's newest polyamoury support group meets every
other Sunday.  
2:30 PM to 4:30 PM

The Cafe will be closed on Christmas and New Years Day.

December 31  New Year's Party.  Dinner and Play.  Space is limited and an
RSVP is required.  Call for more information.
6:00 PM until at least after midnight.  $15 per person.

Fetish Night every Saturday evening from 11:00 PM until 3:00 AM $5 cover.  

Beyond the Edge Cafe also hosts private parties, rents meeting space and
caters.  Please call for more information.  206-325-6829