Subject: Press release
From: Eros Publishing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:07:32 -0700

BEYOND THE EDGE CAFE
703 E. PIKE
SEATTLE  WA  98122
206-325-6829

Contact Allena Gabosch for further information

For immediate release
Kill date:   October 1, 1997

Beyond the Edge Cafe's August Art Exhibit
Artists' reception September 7, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Beyond The Edge Present's Lee Stranahan, photographer.

Focus

The pieces in this show are stylized representations of fetish, pleasure
and sexuality, which are part of his upcoming book, Focus.  Mr.
Stranahan is especially proud to have this show at Beyond The Edge Cafe,
as several of the pieces shown were shot in Seattle and at Beyond The
Edge.

Lee uses traditional 35mm photographs, then imports the negatives into
the computer at extremely high resolutions.  He uses the computer as a
"digital darkroom" to create images that are both evocative and
dramatic.

This show will be presenting a number of Lee's prints as giclees -- a
continuous-tone technique in which the printer transfers ink at an
incredibly high rate of droplets per second to fine art paper or
canvas.  This method results in a print of exceptional depth, saturation
of color and detail  -- work that defies its digital origins.

In addition to being an award-winning photographer, Lee Stranahan is a
filmmaker, visual effects artist, writer and a leading expert on new
digital imaging techniques.  He's written for magazines such as Musician
and Digital Video, and has given seminars throughout the US and Europe.