Subject: Seattle gay-friendly corps (fwd)
From: Richard Isaac <[email-masked]>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 13:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Isaac <[email-masked]>

Hi; I hope I can help you out with some info.  I checked the Queer 
Resource Directory and found out the following:

Local companies in the top 100 gay friendly corps: Microsoft, REI, 
Seattle City Light, Starbucks (coffee).

Local companies w/non-discrimination policies: Microsoft, Aldus, USWest.  
Also the City of Seattle and King County, and the state government (and 
hence the University of Washington, a state school).

Local companies w/domestic partnership policies: Microsoft, Seattle 
Times, Seattle Mental Health Institute.  Also, the City of Seattle just 
passed one on Monday!

Many local companies have gay employee groups: Microsoft, Boeing, Seattle 
Times, USWest, and the Univ. of Wash.  Several have e-mail (ex. GLUniv. 
Employees: [email-masked]).

I'm sure there are many other good companies and gay/lesbian employee 
groups but I'm not an expert in this area.  Hopefully this will be a start.

It is a liberal area, including most of King county.  I think it is 
comfortable in general for queers here.  Altho I do have a friend in a 
computer corp in the suburbs who says his company is not so friendly.  So 
there are some of each of course, just like everywhere.

       *  Richard Isaac		
    __*_*___
    \*   * /    Seattle
    *\    *	
   ***\**/**    rmisaac
       \/   @eskimo.com