Subject: HB 1443
From: [email-masked] (Elf Sternberg)
Date: 25 Jan 1994 07:22:02 -0800

A little good news, at any rate.  Although it's by no means a 
"sure thing," HB 1443 is expected to be scheduled on the calendar for a 
floor vote in the House sometime in the next few weeks.  HB 1443 will 
add "sexual orientation" to the list of recognized anti-discrimination 
classes in the State of Washington.  

        Meanwhile, the Christian Coalition is doing its damndest.  The 
Washington Family Council, however, has issued a statement saying that 
"we see no human way to stop this unfortunate piece of legislation."

        Citizens of the State of Washington are encouraged to call the 
legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and state your opinion in favor of 
HB 1443!

                Elf !!!

--
PC Bulletin: Henceforth, sentient computers would like to be known as
"Silicon Intelligences."  "Artificial Intelligence" is a pejorative term
invented by humans based on the mistaken belief that computers are some-
how not "natural."                                     - [email-masked]