Subject: Utah H.B. 366: The bill...
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 17:17:33 -0500

LEGISLATIVE GENERAL COUNSEL
Approved for Filing: JWH
02/14/95 11:21 AM

H.B. 366

RECOGNITION OF MARRIAGES

1995 GENERAL SESSION

STATE OF UTAH

Sponsor: Norm L. Nielsen

AN ACT RELATING TO MARRIAGE; PROVIDING THAT A MARRIAGE RECOGNIZED IN ANY
OTHER STATE OR COUNTRY MAY NOT BE RECOGNIZED IN THIS STATE IF IT WOULD BE
PROHIBITED AND DECLARED VOID IN THIS STATE.

This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:

AMENDS:

30-1-4, Utah Code Annotated 1953

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:

Section 1. Section 30-1-4 is amended to read:

30-1-4. Validity of foreign marriages -- Exceptions.

[Marriages] A marriage solemnized in any other country, state, or territory,
if valid where

solemnized, [are] is valid here, unless it is a marriage that:

(1) would be prohibited and declared void in this state, under Subsection
30-1-2(1), (3),

or (5); or

(2) would violate Section 30-1-1 because the parties are related to each
other within and

including three degrees of consanguinity.