Subject: Gay and lesbian Utahns named to state Democratic committees
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:15:33 -0400 (EDT)

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Friday, August 15, 1997

Contact: David Nelson
 David Nelson Communications(TM)
 Post Office Box 112095
 Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-2095
 (801)461-5036
 Facsimile modem available
 Internet: [email-masked]

Tear sheet requested

a000
rp
^BC-Gay,000<

GAY AND LESBIAN UTAHNS NAMED TO STATE DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEES

SALT LAKE CITY - Leaders of the Utah Democratic Party confirmed on Aug. 9 the
appointments of the largest number of openly bisexual, gay and lesbian people
to serve as members of seven of the party's eight advisory and standing
committees.

Members of the party central committee confirmed more than 15 bisexual, gay
and lesbian people including Bruce Harmon to serve as a member of the
Candidate Recruitment and Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, the
Education, Training and Outreach Advisory Committee, and the Public Relations
Advisory Committee; Howard Johnson to serve as a member of the Rules and
Elections Standing Committee; David Nelson to serve as a member of the
Candidate Recruitment and Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, and the
Platform and Policy Standing Committee; Steven Peterson to serve as a member
of the Candidate Recruitment and Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, the
Education, Training and Outreach Advisory Committee, and the Public Relations
Advisory Committee; Mark Swonson to serve as a member of the Candidate
Recruitment and Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, the Education,
Training and Outreach Advisory Committee, and the Public Relations Advisory
Committee; David Thometz to serve as a member of the Candidate Recruitment
and Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, the Education, Training and
Outreach Advisory Committee, and the Public Relations Advisory Committee; and
Doug Wortham to serve as a member of the Candidate Recruitment and
Coordinated Campaign Standing Committee, the Rules and Elections Standing
Committee, and the Education, Training and Outreach Advisory Committee.