Subject: GLUD leaders "cheer" McConkie's departure
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:36:24 -0500

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Monday, March 11, 1996

Contact: Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats
 Post Office Box 11311
 Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-0311
 (801)238-2526
 (800)648-9996 outside the Salt Lake City calling area
 Internet: [email-masked]
 World Wide Web: http://members.aol.com/glud/

Tear sheet requested

a000
rp
^BC-Gay,146<

GLUD leaders "cheer" McConkie's departure

SALT LAKE CITY - When asked by The Salt Lake Tribune how he felt about the
political-action committee Gay and Lesbian Utah Democratsx being pressured by
some state Democrats to change the group's name, Democratic congressional
candidate Jim McConkie said reportedly on Feb. 12 "Three cheers."

After McConkie's announcement today that he's dropping out of the campaign
for the Democratic nomination for the state's 2nd Congressional District,
GLUDx leaders were supportive.

"Three cheers," GLUD Founder David Nelson said.

GLUD is the state's largest and most powerful political-action committee that
serves as a campaign resource, legislative lobby and political-party caucus
for bisexual, gay and lesbian people, and their families and friends. For
more information about GLUD, write to Post Office Box 11311, Salt Lake City,
Utah 84147-0311 or on the Internet at [email-masked], call (801)238-2526 or
(800)648-9996, or visit the group's World Wide Web site at
http://members.aol.com/glud/.