Subject: GLUD supporters appointed to Utah Democratic committees
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 19:28:39 -0400

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Thursday, July 20, 1995

Contact: Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats
 Post Office Box 11311
 Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-0311
 (801)238-2526
 (800)648-9996 outside the Salt Lake City calling area
 Internet: [email-masked]

Tear sheet requested

a000
rp
^BC-Gay,184<

GLUD supporters appointed to Utah Democratic committees

SALT LAKE CITY - Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats leaders were appointed on
July 8 by state Democratic Chair Mike Zuhl to serve as members of key
state-party committees. More GLUD supporters are expected to be appointed
next month.

GLUD Founder David Nelson was named to serve as a member of the state-party
Platform and Policy Standing Committee, GLUD Chair Michael Aaron was named to
serve as a member of the Candidate Recruitment and Coordinated Campaign
Standing Committee, and GLUD director Howard Johnson was named to serve as a
member of the Rules and Elections Standing Committee.

GLUD supporter John Bennett was appointed by GLUD directors to serve as a
member of the powerful state-party Central Committee. He joins Johnson as the
Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats Caucus committee representatives. Several
other GLUD supporters are also committee members.

"With these and other appointments, GLUD now enjoys bisexual, gay and lesbian
influence on almost every state-party committee," GLUD Chair Michael Aaron
said. "We look forward to the 1996 election with the confidence that our
ideas and issues will be articulated at every level of the state party."