Subject: GLUD endorses Rich McKeown for Salt Lake City mayor
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 23:19:25 -0400

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Sunday, October 15, 1995

Contact: Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats
 Post Office Box 11311
 Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-0311
 (801)238-2526
 (800)648-9996 outside the Salt Lake City calling area
 Internet: [email-masked]

Tear sheet requested

a000
rp
^BC-Gay,217<

GLUD endorses Rich McKeown for Salt Lake City mayor

SALT LAKE CITY - Bisexual, gay and lesbian voters should look to three
newcomers to city politics to help protect against discrimination and
violence, according to the political-action committee Gay and Lesbian Utah
Democratsx.

GLUDx leaders said today that the group endorsed Rich McKeown in his campaign
for election as mayor. The group also endorsed former state Rep. Joanne
Milner and Deeda Seed in their campaigns for election as council members.

The endorsements came after the group's annual political Celebration
yesterday where McKeown and Seed joined Mayor Deedee Corradini to explain
their political plans for bisexual, gay and lesbian people in the city and
solicit their votes.

"We're pleased to endorse these candidates and look forward to working with
them at city hall," GLUD Chair Michael Aaron.

The group also unveiled its plans for the 1996 elections. The TEAM96 effort
includes the group's new World Wide Web page on the Internet where supporters
may learn more about the group and its activities.

GLUD is the state's largest and most powerful political-action committee that
serves as a campaign resource, legislative lobby and political-party caucus
for bisexual, gay and lesbian people, and their families and friends. For
more information about GLUD, write to Post Office Box 11311, Salt Lake City,
Utah 84147-0311 or on the Internet at [email-masked], or call (801)238-2526 or
(800)648-9996.