Subject: GLUD Action Alert
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 13:58:50 -0500

GAY AND LESBIAN UTAH DEMOCRATS
ACTION ALERT

The Utah Eagle Forum is planning to lobby the 1996 Utah Legislature to stop
the creation of a student group for bisexual, gay and lesbian students at
East High School in Salt Lake City.

Meanwhile, here are some ways you can help:

1. Write letters to the editors of The Salt Lake Tribune ([email-masked]),
the Deseret News ([email-masked]) and the Private Eye Weekly
([email-masked]) supporting the students and their creation of a
bisexual, gay and lesbian student group.

2. Call the state Office of the Attorney General at (801)538-1015, the state
Office of Education at (801)538-7500, the Salt Lake City School Board at
(801)578-8599 and East High School at (801)583-1661 and thank them for
supporting the students and the group.

3. Call the state House of Representatives at (801)538-1029 and the state
Senate at (801)538-1035 and warn them against adopting measures to stop the
students and the group.

4. Contribute to the students at East High School at 840 South 1300 East,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102, the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah at 9
East Exchange Place, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 and Gay and Lesbian Utah
Democratsx Legislative Lobby Fund at Post Office Box 11311, Salt Lake City,
Utah 84147-0311.

GLUDx, for example, will need to raise $5,000 for legislative lobbying
expenses before Jan. 15. Please help guarantee a legislative victory for
bisexual, gay and lesbian public-school students in Utah!

GLUD is the state's largest and most powerful political-action committee that
serves as a campaign resource, legislative lobby and political-party caucus
for bisexual, gay and lesbian people, and their families and friends. For
more information about GLUD, write to Post Office Box 11311, Salt Lake City,
Utah 84147-0311 or on the Internet at [email-masked], call (801)238-2526 or
(800)648-9996, or visit the group's World Wide Web site at
http://members.aol.com/glud/.