From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 07:52:39 -0700

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Thursday, July 14, 1994

Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats
Post Office Box 11311
Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-0311
(801)461-5058 metropolitan Salt Lake City telephone number
(800)864-0310 national toll-free telephone number
Internet: [email-masked]

GLUD celebration to host David Mixner

SALT LAKE CITY - Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats leaders announced today that
Clinton/Gore '92 Campaign Advisor David Mixner has agreed to be the keynote
speaker at the group's 1994 Celebration which is planned for 7:00 p.m. on
Saturday, Oct. 8 at the Gallivan Utah Center Plaza at 36 East 200 South in
Salt Lake City.

"It's appropriate that one of America's most successful gay politicians will
be joining us to celebrate our most successful year," GLUD Chair Michael
Aaron said. "David Mixner works effectively and tirelessly to define
bisexual, gay and lesbian politics inside and outside the Clinton White
House, and as a director of the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund."

The celebration is the group's fourth-annual reception and awards dinner, and
is a National Coming Out Day event.  The black-tie-optional celebration has
attracted many elected and appointed public officials and candidates since
the first such event in 1990.

"We're very pleased to be offering again one of the few formal events in Utah
that brings together bisexual, gay and lesbian people and public officials in
a pleasant environment," GLUD Founder David Nelson said. "Our celebrations
have become known by many as one of the most enjoyable evenings of the year."

Tickets are available for $30 per person and $55 per couple. Tickets are also
available to GLUD members for $25 each. Ticket information is available by
calling (801)461-5058 or (800)864-0310. Seating is limited.