Subject: GLUD News...
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 94 22:31:05 EST

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release

Sunday, January 23, 1993

Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats
Post Office Box 11311
Salt Lake City, Utah 84147-0311
(801)461-5058 metropolitan Salt Lake City telephone number
(800)864-0310 national toll-free telephone number

GLUD exp
ands legislative agenda

SALT LAKE CITY - Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats Founder and Lobbyist David
Nelson said today that the group is watching the progress of several Utah
House of Representatives and Senate bills and resolutions including two that
allow terminally ill people to sell their life ins
urance in "viatical settlements."

Nelson identified bills which have been introduced and debated so far in the
45-day legislative session including those that would strengthen state
antidiscrimination laws, clarify the scope of powers of attorney, define
nudity as an act of lewdness, and require informed consent of women choosing 
abortion.

"These bills appear to be just the beginning," Nelson said. "We plan to review 
all the bills that affect bisexual, gay and lesbian people, as well as the 
right to privacy, and work for the bills' passage or defeat."

The Legislature is planned to adjourn on Wednesday, March 2.