Subject: ABLIED QUEER Houston TX
From: WWW Consultation <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 13:58:06 -0800

ABLIED QUEER
                                 Houston TX

Ablied Queer is a Non-for-profit support group for; Lesbians, Transgender,
Bi-Sexual, Gay and Gay Friendly persons that have mental and physical
disablity and their companions.

Ablied Queer seeks to help break down the barriers within the community; that
some people may or may not have about persons with a disablity.

Ablied Queer seeks to help the companions of a disablied person understand
their problem, but also to help the companion with any problem that they may
have.  We feel that this helps to keep the relationship from running a ground.

At this time we are working on the following:

1.  Setting up support groups to help disabled persons and their companions to 
    understand each other and each others problems in their day to day
    relationships.
2.  Working to help all persons understand that we are no different.  That we
    like to go out and have fun with OUT being treated special or different.
    Also that they need not run away from us,  that our disablities are not
    something that they are going to get.
3.  Working with local BBS's to carry a message-net for us.  So that we can
    help persons that can not get out.  Get any help online that they may
    need such as mental support.
4.  Setting Up and maintaining a web page.  This a so that we can connect any
    and all local groups.  So that we can help with any special problems in
    other areas of the world faster.
5.  Setting up and MAINTAINING a world wide data base (by city and area) of
    doctors, health care providers, support groups, businesses, night clubs,
    ect, ect. of Gay owned and Gay friendly businesses.
6.  Putting out new info each and everyday as it comes in.  For persons not
    online a monthly newsletter with all the info received that month.
7.  Helping to get old computers for persons that can not afford them.  To
    help more persons get online so they can get any help that they may need
    faster.

Any one wishing more info may reach us at the following:

E-Mail:  [email-masked]             Snail Mail:  Ablied Queer
                                                  P.O. Box 667015
Voice Mail:  713-524-0781 Ext 10                  Houston, TX  77266