Subject: Petition against Discrimination in Adoption
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:13:08 -0600

I apologize for the impersonal tone of this note, but I wanted to reach you
as quickly as possible. I am writing to you because you run a mailing list
with some type of gay/lesbian focus.

Please read the following message, sign the petition, and forward this
message to your friends and family, AND to your mailing list, please? ;-)

Kelly
ICQ #17195088
-----------
Texas lawmakers Warren Chisum and Robert Talton introduced two House bills
to stop homosexual families in Texas from adopting children through Child
Protective Services. HB 382 will prohibit homosexuals from adopting or
fostering children. HB 415 will remove children from foster homes in which
parents are determined to be gay or bisexual. For more information, you can
read this article from the Austin-American Statesman:
http://www.austin360.com/news/features/legislature/1999/02/12adopt.html

A loving home is a loving home; how can we take a loving home away from a
child in need, and for something so irrelevant as sexual orientation? Not
to mention that the proposed witch-hunt for homosexual parents would cost
taxpayers over $40 million.

Please sign our petition against HB 382 and HB 415 at
http://dragon.kdi.com/~veruca/ and forward this email to your friends and
family.

Also, please add a link to us on your web site, if you think it would be
appropriate. And let us know if you do; we'll link right back to you from
our supporters page!

Thanks!

Kelly Holmes, co-founder of catalyst
(personal site: http://i.am/kellybelly/)