Subject: The Center Update Email - March 1998. The Center 703 Berry Road, Nashville, TN
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:34:13 EST

The Center Update Email - March 1998

The Center 703 Berry Road, Nashville, TN  37204 (615)297-0008)

The Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Life in Nashville has started an email
list to help get the word out about The Center and it's activities.  Please send this
message on to any of your friends who might be interested.  Anyone who wishes to be
added to the list can send us an email and we’ll add them to the next mailing. If anyone
would prefer not to be on this list, hit reply and type "remove" in the subject and in the
body of the message and we will try to remove you as promptly as possible.

The Center offers switchboard services, various social and support groups, counseling, a
library, a community resource area, and a safe place for community members. We are
about hospitality and community building.  Come get involved or at the very least,
support The Center financially.  Any small monthly amount would help us meet our
budget needs.  Send tax-deductible contributions to Center Membership, 703
Berry Rd. Nashville, Tennessee  37204.  Thanks in advance for your support.
Check out our web page - AOL users click on the blue sentence below, all
others type in the address below:
<A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and
Transgendered Life in Nashville</A> 
www.nashcenter.org

We apologize for the lack of emails through the last several months. The holidays, the
New Year and the Olympics (not to mention those pesky things like our jobs) have put us
at a standstill. However, The Center has continued to be busy and there is a lot to look
forward to in the month of March!
 
1.  We Are so Proud!
	The Center now has it's own domain name on the Internet!  Find us at
	www.nashcenter.org! We are now easier to find - look here for information
	concerning  Center news and our schedule of events. Thanks to our webmistress,
	Jennileigh Love, for her hard work at securing this domain and for building the
	page. The site was aquired at a MUCH reduced price due the generosity of the
	Transgendered Forum.

2.  Mid-Winter's Night was a HUGE success with over 300 people attending. Proceeds 
     will go toward the Campaign Fund for a larger building and partial endowment for a 
     paid staff person.   Thanks to all who attended! And, special thanks to ALL who
     helped with the event.

3.  The Sports and Fitness Network Presents: A hike on Saturday morning, March 28th at
	10 am at Radnor Lake.  Meet in the parking lot off Otter Creek Road.....watch for
	the rainbows! All invited.

4.  Partner's Network had a wonderful Valentine's Brunch at Your Way Cafe. Thanks 
     Jennifer for the incredible diner.  Check this bar out, folks!  They support us, let's
	support them.  The Partners will not have a potluck in March--- Join us for a hike
	at Radnor Lake together on Saturday, March 28th - 10am instead. Meet in the
	parking lot at Otter Creek end.

5.  Formerly Married Lesbians- if you are currently in a heterosexual marriage, recently 
     divorced, just coming out, dealing with issues around children and need support, meet 
      with other lesbians on the second Thursday of each month at the Center at 7pm- a
	support/discussion group.  Next meeting is March 12th .  If you cannot meet at the
	Center please call the switchboard and leave your name and a number to call you
	back.  We may at some point meet in another location.  If you know of anyone in
	this situation, please let them know.  For men in this situation, Magnet meets the
	1st and 3rd Tuesday.  Please call the switchboard (297-0008) to be referred to this
	group.

6.  We are Parent's Too - our families with children will meet in March at the home of
      Patty and Sharon - call 882-0081 for directions.  This will be a pizza party
	get-together. A chance to meet other parents!  

7.  For many years, the Nashville Women’s Alliance has brought to the women's 
     community, wonderful coffee houses, dances and craft fairs.  This group in later years 
     has operated with very few volunteers.  They recently have joined the Center as a 
     program, continuing to provide activities for women.  They will meet once a month on    
     the third Thursday of each month, from 7 to 8pm.  If you want to get involved
     with a great group of women, check this group out.  They will be producing a
     coffee house this summer, a health fair in September and a Craft Fair in
     November.  Come get involved!

8.  We currently have two counseling interns, Debi Carver and Kelly McCarty. If you 
      are in need of individual or couple counseling, please give the switchboard a call
      and one of them will return your call.  

9.  Wellness Project - A new group is forming that will meet on Thursday evenings. This 
      group will be led by Kelly McCarty and Dr. Andrew Adler.  The focus will be rela-
      tionship issues: co-dependency issues, communication, etc.  Call to set up an intake
      interview for attendance to this group.  

10. Resource Night Returns - the first Thursday of each month will be Resource Night at 
      The Center.  Professionals in the areas of Real Estate, Legal, Finance and Spirituality
      will be on hand to answer questions.  Stop by or call into the switchboard at 
      297-0008.

<A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and
Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>  <A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The
Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>  
<A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and
Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>  <A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The
Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>  
<A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and
Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>  <A HREF="http://www.nashcenter.org/">The
Center for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Life in Nashville</A>