Subject: Nash Cares & L. Mcray
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:09:12 EDT

1)  Update Laura Mcray, the 89 year-old civil rights leader we told you about
passed away. Her obituary included the fact that she worked for gay rights and
that she had appeared in ads for the Lesbian and Gay Coalition for Justice.
Services will be held this Saturday at 10am at Edgehill United Methodist
church in Nashville.

2)Aidswalk info:

To: Friends of Nashville [email-masked]
From: Nashville CARES <[email-masked]>
Subject: A Message from Latonya Turner

LATONYA TURNER
SPECIAL PROJECTS REPORTER
WSMV CHANNEL 4 NEWS
NASHVILLE, TN  37209

What if you tuned in your TV tonight and heard this:  "In the news
tonight...A cure for HIV and AIDS!!

I long for the day when my colleagues and I can deliver that news to you as
the lead story.  But until that day comes, thousands of our friends who are
living with HIV/AIDS need our support and compasion.

Your part can be as simple as taking a walk...and I'll join you!  On October
18, you and I can walk together in the seventh annual AIDS Walk, - a
Nashville CARES Event.

Last year, about five thousand of us participated in AIDS Walk.  It was a
time of unity and giving.  It was also a moving display of love and a
wonderful tribute to friends we have lost to AIDS.

Taking those steps raised almost more than $ 120,000 for Nashville CARES,
the only community based support agency in Middle Tennessee for people
living with HIV/AIDS.  This well-respected not-for-profit agency provides
vital support and services like food, housing, counseling, and educational
programs for those affected by HIV/AIDS--all free.

You can help keep these programs going by registering now and collecting
pledges.  Simply take a moment, fill out the registration form on our
website at http://www.nashvillecares.org .  Please join me again this year
at the Bicentennial Mall on Sunday, October 18, rain or shine.  Our
footprints can be a reminder to everyone that much remains to be done -
until we get that lead story.

Peace,

LaTonya Turner

GET UPDATES OR REGISTER ON LINE!
http://www.nashvillecares.org
or call our HOT LINE at 615-259-4866 Ext 6002

If you wish not to receive this email in the future, simply reply to this
email and put the word REMOVE in the subject line.
Visit the NASHVILLE CARES new Website:

http://www.nashvillecares.org
615-259-4866 voice
615-259-4849 fax
800-845-4266 HEARTLine