Subject: (no subject)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:37:41 EDT

Nashville PFLAG is on the move and doing a fantastic job! This is a very
worthy cause. Please support by getting the word out and helping to get the
cash in!

Even if you don't live in the Nashville area, you may want to participate in
this. The word could spread...

<<Dear Friends of PFLAG,

I'd like to make you aware of a major Nashville PFLAG project which is now
underway and also enlist your support.  We have found (what we thought we'd
never find) a billboard company to prominently display a PFLAG message (for
three months) along an interstate near downtown.  The board will read "SOMEONE
YOU KNOW AND LOVE IS GAY! - PFLAG NASHVILLE - 366-0888".  This billboard will
do a number of things: 1)  It will get our message out, especially important
now that the "right' is running full page ads in "USA TODAY" which attack
gays/lesbians.  2)  It will make people (reporters too) aware that PFLAG
exists as a resource in Nashville.  3)  It will bring extensive media
coverage, many opportunities for PARENTS to comment on g/l issues.

After the most recent PFLAG meeting , one attendee approached us and said that
he would send a check for $3000 to support the billboard.  Since that time,
another $220 has come in.  So, we are nearly half way to our goal of $7650,
the cost of production and 3 month display (the minimum rental time) of our
message.  Please contribute to the cause (if able) and solicit funds from your
friends who are likely to be supportive.  Contributions to PFLAG NASHVILLE are
now TAX DEDUCTIBLE as we have recently acquire our 501C3 (tax exempt -
nonprofit) status.  Checks should be made out to PFLAG NASHVILLE (for ad
campaign) and mailed to Wayne C. Rosing at 1221 Charlton Drive in Antioch, TN
37013.

We ask only that you be a bit careful about who you tell about this effort.
Our fear is that the "religious" right will get wind of our plans, lobby the
billboard company, and stop this before it occurs.  I don't think that any
contributor to this "ad campaign" will feel cheated once they see the board up
along the interstate and undoubtedly on the pages of the "Tennessean" and on
the local news.

We hope to have the billboard up in time for the Pride Parade (Sept. 19),
National Coming Out Day (Oct.), and for much of the holiday season.  So,
please contact likely donors AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  If you have additional
questions, call me at 366-9988.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Sincerely,

Wayne C. Rosing
[email-masked]
>>