Subject: 30 days for killing a TN lesbian
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 21:15:08 -0400

[this alert was posted on the GLCF section of AOL. does anyone have more
facts on the case? --MP]

Subj:  ACTION ALERT
Date:  96-10-17 14:22:30 EDT
From:  TerrySneed      

Here in Chattanooga, TN, the 24-yr. old daughter of a woman involved in 
a lesbian relationship has been sentenced to ONLY 30 DAYS IN JAIL for 
the voluntary manslaughter of her mother's lesbian lover.  This is 
exactly what a gay person's life is worth here:  30 days in jail.  
PLEASE!  Take time to write or fax Judge Doug Meyer, Criminal Court 
Division 1, Courts Building, 600 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN  37402 
USA and express your outrage over this heinous miscarriage of justice.  
Phone: 423-209-7574.  Fax:  423-209-7550.  It would also help if you 
would send a copy of your message to the editorial page of our 
ultra-right-wing newspaper, the Chattanooga Free Press, 400 E. 11th 
Street, Chattanooga, TN  37401 USA.  Phone:  423-756-6900.  Fax: 
423-757-6383.  The killer's name is Adriana Butler; the victim was 
Cathy Smith.   PLEASE help our voices to be heard from all over the 
world.  Many thanks in advance for your support!