Subject: ACTION ALERT: Linda Bowles Column
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:08:11 -0600 (CST)

[ This column contains many, many, lies and innaccuracies.  Please write
  the Delaware Daily News and inform them of the errors.  The last few
  paragraphs are unreal.  You may also want to question their journalistic
  judgement in allowing such a column to be printed, given the number
  of errors. ]

Delaware Daily Times, November 20, 1997
500 Midland Avenue,Primos,PA,19018 
(Fax 215-622-8887)(EMAIL [email-masked])
Linda Bowles: President's agenda goes beyond tolerance
By LINDA BOWLES
   For the first time in the history of America, a United States president
has appeared as guest speaker before a homosexual group.
   President Clinton recently made such an historic appearance before the
Human Rights Campaign, a powerful organization of rich and influential
homosexuals who had gathered to celebrate themselves and to raise money with
which to buy politicians.
   Clinton was a hit. He solidified his legacy as a champion of the underdog.
He received whistles, cheers and standing ovations as he confirmed his
approval of homosexual behavior and pledged his support of legislation to
advance the homosexual agenda.
   In an attempt to identify homosexuals as a minority group similar to
blacks, Clinton mimicked a civil rights speech made before the NAACP by Harry
Truman in 1947. At that time, Truman spoke strongly of equality for all
Americans, saying, "And when I say all Americans, I mean all Americans."
   Clinton spoke out for equal rights for all Americans, including gays and
lesbians. "Well, my friends," he said, "all Americans still means all
Americans."
   I believe it is safe to say that Harry Truman would take vigorous
exception to the idea that affirming the civil rights of blacks is comparable
to affirming the civil rights of a group of people based on the way they
perform sex.
   Clinton announced his intention of sponsoring legislation to protect
homosexuals against job discrimination. He argued: "Being gay, the last time
I thought about it, seemed to have nothing to do with the ability to read a
balance book, fix a broken bone or change a spark plug."
   The president implies that someone is interfering with the ability of
homosexuals to get jobs they are qualified to do and that special legislation
is required to protect them. Is he correct?
   Consider the facts. As reported by various surveys and studies, including
those done by homosexuals themselves, the average "household" income for
homosexual men is over $50,000 vs. the U.S. average of $38,000. As far as
access to education is concerned, roughly 60 percent of homosexuals are
college graduates vs. 20 percent of all Americans.
   Furthermore, there is not a shred of evidence that homosexuals have a
higher unemployment rate than any other group.
   American homosexuals are not impotent. They have influence all out of
proportion to their numbers - with a sitting president, a major political
party, Hollywood, the National Education Association and the television
networks.
   Homosexual "rights" legislation is based on propaganda and political
pandering, not facts. A case could be made that more people are denied jobs
because of acne and tattoos than because of their sexual preferences.
   Obviously, the purpose of such legislation is not to redress grievances,
but to enlist the strong and intimidating forces of government as battering
rams to break down traditional family values and to rid America of the
insidious influence of a homophobic God.
   Establishing homosexuals as a legally protected minority will undermine
the efforts of the Boy Scouts to protect children from predators, legitimize
an increased use of government schools for the homosexual indoctrination of
children, frighten employers into establishing quotas for homosexual hires to
avoid lawsuits and facilitate homosexual access to religious pulpits.
   Just as we are beginning to realize that civil rights legislation has
devolved into a highly divisive spoils system based on double standards,
Clinton wants to break us up into groups and grant "rights" based on the way
we perform sex.
   The president's agenda goes far beyond tolerance for that which is
different. He is actively engaged in the business of validating
homosexuality, reinforcing and stroking those who practice it and using the
punitive power of the law to force it upon American society.
    William "Man of Virtues" Bennett did a brilliant job of exposing Bill
Clinton's abject hypocrisy. He chided the president for not challenging
homosexuals to stop the promiscuous behavior that is devastating them.
   The average life span of male homosexuals is 43 years, 30 years less than
for other males. This is a diseased community which wreaks havoc upon itself,
blames others, seeks company for its misery and demands approval for its
dead-end behavior.
   The simple truth about homosexuality must be stated over and over again.
It is this: The human sex drive is extraordinarily powerful. It may become
inappropriately and sometimes immutably affixed to corpses, underwear,
animals, children and members of the same sex.
   It is absolutely wrong to abuse or mistreat homosexuals. However, no
society in its right mind would do anything to encourage the formation of
these dangerous and deadly aberrations or allow anyone to suggest to children
that these behaviors are normal, natural, moral or healthy.
   Linda Bowles is a syndicated columnist. Her column appears Thursday. 

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________