Subject: Would you consider posting this on your E-list, please?
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:04:26 EDT

Would this be something that you might consider posting on your E-list?
****
An open letter:

Hi,

   I'm a 19 year old  civil rights activist and leader of the Cleveland 
branch of the ARA - antiracist action.   Today I'm writing national and local 
gay rights advocates to call attention to another gay bashing in the media.  

Sun Times staff columnist Powell Caesar has written antigay commentaries 
twice within the past four months in the Cleveland Sun Times ridiculing same 
sex marriages, the pro-gay activists at the National Methodist convention, 
Ellen DeGeneres, and gay rights among other things.

Read the newest attack - published May 25, 2000 - here:
<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/moregaybashing.html">Hey, 
Enough Already About Gay Rights and Gay Issues</A>  
http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/moregaybashing.html

On this site you will find  information on how to contact the newspaper - The 
Sun Times, a subsidiary of Sun Media.
John Urbancich  is Executive Editor
The web site includes the  screen name, fax, and toll free phone number of 
the newspaper. 

Read  the  antigay commentary published Jan 27, 2000
<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/caesar.html">Gay-Rights 
Furor In Lakewood Is Sign Of Things …</A>  
http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/caesar.html

Read my response here:
<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/press.html">Gays Deserve 
Civil Rights Just Like Other Americans…</A>
http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/press.html

I would like  to flood the EDITOR of this paper  with letters  of outrage.  
He doesn't  allow anti-black, anti-woman, or anti-Jewish rhetoric so why is 
he allowing multiple anti-gay commentaries?  This staff columnist,  Powell 
Caesar is being allowed to use his column as a "bully pulpit".  

Allowing this type of anti-gay message to go unchallenged only invites more 
hatred and violence against gays, especially gay youth.  Remember Matthew 
Shepard.  Speak out.

I hope you will  participate by E-mailing the EDITOR.

And please forward this to as many people as possible.

Thank you,
Lance
[email-masked]
 <A HREF="http://www.lancewilliams.com/">Click here: LANCE WILLIAMS.COM</A> 
 <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/clevelandara/main.html">Click here: 
ANTI-RACIST ACTION CLEVELAND</A>