Subject: triathlon race to benefit Metrolina AIDS Project
From: "Jay Moseley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:19:49 -0500

NC Triathlon Race Series starts in Uptown Charlotte

American Express presents Triathlon2000 slated for March 25, 2000, 9am race 
start.  This race festival will begin at the Mecklenburg Aquatic Center and 
continue through the streets of uptown Charlotte, NC.  Beginning with a 500 
yard swim, triathletes will transition to their bikes to finish of an 
additional 12+ mile bike course and return to the Aquatic Center on foot 
after running another 5K.

Approximately 400 athletes will converge on uptown from all over Charlotte 
and the surrounding region.  A race festival with vendors and activities 
will occur simultaneously as spectators (5-700) line the streets to cheer 
on their friends and family members.  Other surprise athletes will make an 
appearance and we'll end with a fantastic awards ceremony.

Major sponsors include:  American Express, Reebok, J&J Design, Harris 
Teeter, Abbott Laboratories, Continental General Tire, Starbucks Coffee, 
Bageltime, Inc., Dasani Water, Powerade, Fairfield Inn, Charlotte Regional 
Sports Commission, WFNZ and more...

PROCEEDS BENEFIT METROLINA AIDS PROJECT. SERVING THE REGION FOR 15
YEARS.

For more information, contact:

Amy Singer, Community Resource Director
Metrolina AIDS Project
704/333-1435 x17  fax 704/376-8794
email:  [email-masked]

ALSO:

Bill Scott, Set-Up, Inc.
910/458-0299
email:  [email-masked]  or www.Set-UpInc.com
____________________________________________________________________

The Charlotte Rainbow Newsletter, established April 1997,  is a free e-mail 
newsletter providing local, regional, and national news and events of 
interest to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of the 
Carolinas and beyond.

To view newletter archives, newsletter policies, a business directory, 
community polls, links and more, visit our egroups page and web page at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/crn/info.html
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/7620

Also visit CRN's new online discussion forum at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/crntalk

Thank you for your support.  Please share this newsletter with your friends 
and others who may be interest

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBSCRIPTION INFO:  To subscribe, send and email message to
[email-masked].  To modify your subscribtion or unsubscribe,
visit http://www.egroups.com/group/crn/info.html .