Subject: renowned jazz singer to perform with OneVoice chorus
From: "Jay Moseley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:18:03 -0500

(CHARLOTTE) Renowned jazz singer Daryle Ryce will headline the annual Gala 
for One Voice, Charlotte most diverse chorus.  This year's  event, 
titled  "Dance! Chance! Romance!"  is on Saturday, February 12th from 7:00 
PM - Midnight at the Mint Museum of Art, 2730 Randolph Rd.

"It's Valentine's weekend and we're throwing a party that truly has 
something for everyone," said Ann Hooper, this year's Gala 
chairperson.  "Music by our special guest, Daryle Ryce; a fabulous Fantasy 
Auction and Silent Auction; romantic jazz standards by Charlotte's favorite 
choruses, One Voice and Sotto Voce; a New York style piano bar for easy
listening or courageously letting the Ethel Merman in you come out; and a 
relaxing gay 19(90)'s coffeehouse, with scrumptious desserts, for spending 
quiet moments with that special someone. 

For the second half of the evening, Daryle Ryce and her Rock 'n Roll Pickup 
Band will move to the Atrium for some late-night dancing."

"Music is universal and because our message is so inclusive, we attract
patrons from across the various racial, ethnic and sexual orientation 
boundaries," said Artistic Director John C. Quillin. "As with all One Voice 
events, we transcend society's cultural barriers to bring to Charlotte an 
evening that can be enjoyed by everyone."

"Unlike our holiday and spring concerts which are presented in an 
auditorium, our Gala event is one where our guests get to move throughout 
the museum and choose what they will see and do next," said Kathryn A. 
Mahan, the chorus' Assistant Artistic Director. "It?s a wonderful social 
occasion and promises to be full of surprises."

Doors open to the public at 7:00. There will be a cash bar. Tickets are $25 
in advance, $30 at the door, and are available from chorus members, from 
Paper Skyscraper, The Bag Lady,  White Rabbit, Georgetown Bodyworks, 
Rainbow Path or by calling 529-2951(voice mail).

Through artistic excellence, One Voice Chorus works to increase 
understanding and acceptance of gays and lesbians. Our achievement in 
choral music enables us to reach diverse groups to overcome misperceptions 
and to grow personally, both as performers and as leaders in our community. 
The Chorus consists of two performing ensembles: One Voice, a 50-voice 
non-auditioned chorus; and Sotto Voce, a 16-voice auditioned ensemble.
____________________________________________________________________
The Charlotte Rainbow Newsletter, established April 1997,  is a free e-mail 
newsletter providing local, regional, and national news and events of 
interest to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of the 
Carolinas and beyond.

To view newletter archives, newsletter policies, a business directory, 
community polls, links and more, visit our egroups page and web page at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/crn/info.html
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/7620

Also visit CRN's new online discussion forum at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/crntalk

Thank you for your support.  Please share this newsletter with your friends 
and others who may be interest

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBSCRIPTION INFO:  To subscribe, send and email message to
[email-masked].  To modify your subscribtion or unsubscribe,
visit http://www.egroups.com/group/crn/info.html .