Subject: Charlotte Gay Film Series: April
From: "Jay Moseley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:12:57 -0400 (EDT)

SOURCE:  OutCharlotte -- http://www.outcharlotte.org

Charlotte Gay & Lesbian Film Series

Thursday, April 22, Mint Museum of Art, 2730 Randolph Road
	7:00pm - The Transformation,  a documentary by Susana Aikin and Carlos
Aparicio.  The Transformation explores the life of Ricardo, a former
homeless prostitute and transvestite, as he undergoes an attempt to
transform himself from a homosexual to a heterosexual.  
	9:15pm -  Dear Jesse,  written and directed by Tim Kirkman. Both a moving
diary and informative documentary,  Dear Jesse  parallels the experiences
of Tim Kirkman, a gay filmmaker returning to his native North Carolina with
a stinging indictment of Senator Jesse Helms.  Following the death of
Matthew Shepard, Kirkman realized he had interviewed Matthew when he was a
student in North Carolina.  This showing includes new footage of that
interview.
	Tickets are $6.00 and will be available one-half hour prior to showtime.
For additional information call OutCharlotte at 563-2699. 
___________________________________________________________

The Charlotte Rainbow Newsletter is a free e-mail newsletter providing
local, regional, and national news and events of interest to the lesbian,
gay, bisexual, and transgender community of the metro Charlotte, North
Carolina area.

The newsletter was established April 4, 1997 as a result of the Mecklenburg
County "Gang of Five's" decision to cut funding to area arts organizations
because of homosexual themes in their presentations.  Since its
establishment,  the list of subscribers has grown to over 500.

SUBSCRIPTION INFO:  To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your email address,
please send an email message to [email-masked] with the action
in the subject line.  For change of addresses, please include both
addresses in the body of the message.

To view newletter archives, newsletter policies, a community calendar,
links and more, check out our web page at:

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/7620

Thank you for your support.  Please share this newsletter with your friends
and others who may be interested.