Subject: Charlotte Business Guild News
From: "Jay Moseley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 22:16:14 -0600

CHARLOTTE BUSINESS GUILD NEWS

	Tickets are now on sale for Steve Gunderson and Rob Morris's appearance at
UNC-C for their lecture titled "Family Values: Being Southern, Conservative
& Gay".	
	On Thursday, October 22nd Steve Gunderson, former Congressman from
Wisconsin, and his life partner, Rob Morris will speak in Charlotte at
UNC-C.  The couple has written about their lives together in House and
Home: The Political and Personal Journey of a Gay Republican Congressman.
Their Charlotte appearance is being co-sponsored by the Business Guild and
the University Program Board. The Business Guild will host a reception from
5 to 7 PM at the Charlotte Hilton at University Place where attendees will
have an opportunity to meet both Gunderson and Morris.  Tickets for both
the reception and speech are $18.00 and are available at Paper Skyscraper,
330 East Blvd.; White Rabbit Books & Things, 834 Central Ave.; Urban
Evolution, 1329 East Blvd.; and Superior Feet Playhouse, 1500 Central Ave.
Tickets will also be available Saturday, October 10th at OutCharlotte in
the Marketplace at the Great Aunt Stella Center.
	For more information call the Business Guild at 704/565-5075.
____________________________________________________________________

MORE BUSINESS GUILD NEWS

The first Wednesday of the month social for the Charlotte Business Guild
will meet at Liaison's October 7 around 5:30. Curious about the Business
Guild?? Come join us!
____________________________________________________________________

The Charlotte Rainbow Newsletter is an e-mail newsletter providing local,
regional, and national news and events of interest to the lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgender community of the greater Charlotte, North
Carolina area.

The newsletter was established April 4, 1997 as a result of the Mecklenburg
County "Gang of Five's" decision to cut funding to area arts organizations
because of homosexual themes in their presentations.  Since its
establishment,  the list of subscribers has grown to over 450.

SUBSCRIPTION INFO:  To subscribe to the newsletter, send an email message
to [email-masked] with "Subscribe" in the subject line.