Subject: lots of different stuff: readings, performance and Mumia
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:33:27 EDT

April 9:  SUNDAY @ The COrneLia St. CAfe, 6pm
A reading/performance, Veronica Golos and others, please come and have fun - 
it's a great place, good food, and even better poetry.

April 13: Thursday, 14th st., Y.
the Why Women poetry series presents: DISTURBING THE PEACE ~~A conversation 
in performance by Two Women bodybuilders - Laurie Fierstein & Heather Foster 
with poetry, song, and audience participation.  This is part of the 
widely-touted newmuseum exhibit, PICTURING THE MODERN AMAZON.  The exhibit is 
the talk of the town, with paintings, sculptures, photos, videos, comic 
books, history, and live performances.  Laurie Fierstein is the originator of 
the project, so we suggest that you go to the exhibit, and then come to the Y 
and involve yourself in the discussion of powerful muscled women -- the 
metaphor or the muscle.

Then, on April 15, @ the St. Agnes Library, 2pm, Veronica Golos initiates 
WOmen-Spring-the Rites with special guest poets Gerthie Owtram, and Michael 
Carmen and singer extrodinaire, Ayana Lowe.  Veronica Golos will be reading 
from No Ordinary Women and new work from her book in process, The Casting of 
Stones: Sarah and Hagar.  

Meanwhile:  Be sure and go to the IAC at 39 W 14th ste. 206 to help with the 
Day for Mumia at Madison Square garden on May 7.  The Millions for Mumia 
campiagn needs all kinds of volunteers.  For info email: 
[email-masked] or phone: 212-633-6646.  Mumia Abu Jamal is being 
threatened with execution by the state of Pennsylvania, and we need to do all 
we can.

Hope to see you at all these events---

Veronica Golos