Subject: ALERT: This show should set the fires for freedom burning
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:42:44 EDT

Hey GOOD NEWS for all you closet rockers and angry music affectionardettes: 
Suggest you make ever effort to get to NYC to catch this show  at the 
Kitchen... the music is by Jan Tilley one of the baddest, kick ass rockers 
still standing in NYC ... the fact that she is a lesbian too is like raisins 
in the bran muffin, the steam frappe in your latte and the final let go in 
the big "O."

Do pass this on to anyone you think might need .... or would like .... a wake 
up call to the fact that homeless everywhere does include lesbian, gay and 
gender variant people.

Jim Fouratt
GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT
June 1, 2, 3 (Thurs, Fri, Sat) 10 pm  $12
WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY SUSANA COOK
ORIGINAL SCORE BY JAN TILLEY
Performers: Susana Cook, Mistah Denise Coles, Saira, Felice Shays, Sacha Yanow
Percussion: Lisa Frisari
Guitar and Programming: Jan Tilley

The Kitchen   512 W 19 St   NYC

"Susana Cook has been slapping New Yorkers silly with her butch lesbian 
performance art long enough to be more than just really good at it."  Shout 
Magazine

New York-based Argentinean performance artist Susana Cook further tears 
through interwoven issues of racism, nationalism, and homophobia with her 
wild brand of theatricality. Seven queer homeless women engage themselves in 
the ritual representation of a riot, as they resist the law and order of an 
economic system that leaves them out. Sexy, witty and gaudy, Gross National 
Product wrestles with labor, dirt, muscle and noise.