Subject: March 15 political funeral in NYC for Gaither
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:44:59 EST

[Dear friends,
This was posted at NYC's Anti-Violence Project's web site, www.avp.org.  If
you're near Manhattan on March 15, please attend this important demonstration.
--MP]

Date: Monday, March 15th

Following is a message about an event this coming Monday, March 15th, 
1999.  It is a rally, march and political funeral related to the recent 
murders of lesbians, gay men and people of transgender experience.  

AVP is not organizing this event, but some staff, volunteers and board 
members do want to be involved.  Therefore, an AVP contingent will meet 
at 6PM in front of the New York Coliseum (on the west side of Columbus 
Circle).  

Please note that this event DOES NOT HAVE A PERMIT, therefore there will 
probably be arrests.  You should bring two forms of identification with 
you.

HATE KILLS AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, 
AND AGAIN... 

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...

POLITICAL FUNERAL FOR BILLY JACK GAITHER AND THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER 
PEOPLE WHO ARE MURDERED BECAUSE OF HATE

ACTION:  Monday, March 15th. 
               A Political Funeral beginning at 6:00 PM 
               (marshals arrive at 5:00) at
                the SW corner of Central Park at Columbus Circle.

LOGISTICS: NO PERMIT; 
                   a brief (6-6:30, maybe?) rallying of participants 
                   at the corner of the park; 
                   use of "mini-" sound amplification systems: 
                   megaphones, bullhorns (maybe), "Mr. Microphone" style Radio
amplified mics.; 
                   then proceed through Columbus Circle and down Broadway
through  Times Square to 42nd Street; then go East on 42nd Street to Bryant
Park to rally, chant, mourn, grieve,howl their souls into Stovol Kor, etc.
 
 *All information herein subject to change, revision, clarification,
   correction, elision, addition and/or various other adjustment.

>end<