Subject: Revised CyberQueers computers and music workshop announcement for 4/18/96
From: Dana Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 96 15:50:33 -700

NYCQ
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

New York CyberQueers, the Northeast's leading computer organization of the 
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community, is pleased to announce:

Music in CyberSpace )A workshop on music and computers

Thursday, April 18, 1996 
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. 
Lesbian & Gay Community Services Center
208 W. 13th Street, Manhattan
Cost: $7.00, general; $5.00 for NYCQ members (includes a beverage)

The presenters, David Leighton (internationally renowned conductor, instructor, 
pianist, and producer) and Patrick Casey (performing artist, actor, instructor, 
and co-producer), will show how computers can help professionals assume greater 
creative control of music/multimedia projects, and help composers save time and 
increase their creative freedom. 

David Leighton has appeared with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, the Dallas 
Opera, the Nashville Opera, Chatelet, Theatre Musicale De Paris, and the 
Florentine Opera, among others. He has concertized widely with stars of the 
Metropolitan Opera, including Luciano Pavarotti, Renata Scotto and Sharon 
Sweet. David has toured internationally and been seen on American, Japanese, 
French, German and Middle Eastern television. His talents have been 
consistently sought out by such luminaries as James Levine, Beverly Sills and 
Sir Georg Solti. 

J. Patrick Casey --author of "A Little Dedication: Craft, Artistry & Success 
for Opera  Singers and Other Performers," is known for his unusual and 
fascinating interpretations of opera, musicals and theater pieces. A member of 
the famed Actor's Studio, Patrick is also an accomplished scenic designer and 
musician. His latest project is an adaptation of sampler and synthesizer 
techniques to Classical music. 

Together, Patrick and David have formed Star Within Enterprises )a production 
company bringing the finest quality orchestral and popular music to audiences 
all over the world, both live and recorded. Their twist: The orchestra consists 
of two computers! 

David & Patrick will also take questions about music production and automation, 
and will allow you to get an up-close and personal look at a wide variety of 
computer and computer-related musical paraphernalia.