Subject: AIDS activists campaign for delegates in N Hampshire
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 13:35:04 -0500

AIDS VOTE 96
MEDIA ADVISORY

contact Wayne Turner at 202.986.0435

HIV+ candidate continues Clinton Challenge
AIDS activists to participate in New Hampshire Democratic Caucuses
 
 Supporters of Stephen Michael, an HIV+, AIDS activist and ACT UP member, the
main challenger to President Bill Clinton will be building a slate of
delegates at this Saturday's  (January 20) Democratic Congressional District
Caucuses.  Numerous New Hampshire Democrats have come forward and will be
Steve Michael Convention Delegates.
 "Clinton's handlers inside the bowels of the Beltway have ignored AIDS for
far to long.  It is clear that the only way the Bill Clinton will begin his
promised "Manhattan-style Project to Cure AIDS" is for people with HIV to
risk their health by challenging him in the snows of New Hampshire."
emphasizes Wayne Turner, the national chair of the AIDS Cure Campaign.

Caucus locations are as follows (contact state party headquarters for more
details)
First Congressional District
Memorial High School in Manchester Saturday at 2:00PM

Second Congressional District
NH Technical Institute in Concord at 1:00 PM

 "Constructing delegate slates in key states like New Hampshire is part of
our strategy for a cure.  If we generate sufficient votes on February 20th,
we can send to AIDS focused delegates to the August Chicago convention.  In
1995 the rate of AIDS deaths in New Hampshire increased by 64%.  Since Bill
Clinton last campaigned for votes in the Granite State, more Americans have
died from AIDS than in the first twelve years of the epidemic," states
Michael
 As the National Commission on AIDS stated in its 1993 report to President
Clinton, "What should be done is not complicated.  But it requires
leadership, a plan, and the national resolve to implement it."

Members of the AIDS Cure Campaign will be in New Hampshire daily until the
primary.   So come on up and help make AIDS an issue!!!

NOTE TO ASSIGNMENT EDITORS: 

STEVE'S SCHEDULE FOR JANUARY 20TH THRU JANUARY 27 IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.  THE
CANDIDATE  WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS DURING THAT TIME.  TO SCHEDULE
INTERVIEWS CALL  202.986.0435