From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:35:38 -0600

>From the Web pages of the Missouri State Legislature:
http://www.house.state.mo.us/

The original bill to deny recognition of same sex marriages was withdrawn.
This was HB1255.

Three new bills with the same purpose have been introduced.

(1) Senate Bill 895 (SB895) would declare same sex marriages void. See web page
http://www.house.state.mo.us/bills/sb895.htm

A hearing is scheduled before the Senate Civil and Criminal Jurisprudence
Committee on 2/14/96.  The Committee usually meets at 10:00 AM.

If you are a Missouri resident, call or email the Senate Democrats on the
committee.
                                Capitol phone
Harold Caskey [Chairman]        (573) 751-4116
Joe Moseley  [Vice Chairman ]   (573) 751-2131  [email-masked]
Ronnie DePasco                  (573) 751-3074
Ted House                       (573) 751-8437
Wayne Goode                     (573) 751-2420  [email-masked]

Also email Republican Senator Betty Sims, a committee member who has made
supportive statements to pro-gay lobbyists in the past.
Sims phone: (573) 751-7147  [email-masked]

(2) House Bill 1458 (HB1458)
Sponsor:  James Froelker (R-111)

(3) House bill (HB1454)
Co-Sponsors:  Hall, Cierpiot (the cosponsors of HB1255 which was withdrawn)

These bills prohibit marriages between persons of the same sex and
make it a class A misdemeanor for a recorder of deeds to issue
a marriage license to persons of the same sex.

They have both been referred to the House Committee on Children, Youth and
Families.  Hearings dates have not been set.

Alan Easton
St. Louis

*******************************************************************************
To send a message to the entire list "marriage", email [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send a message 'unsubscribe marriage' to [email-masked].
To subscribe, send a message 'subscribe marriage' to [email-masked].
*******************************************************************************