Subject: Fwd: Combat MN Christian Coal...
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:30:53 -0400

FYI--
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Combat MN Christian Coalition
Date:    95-10-26 10:21:29 EDT
From:    Watch97
To:      LaJfA

}`HP}.op
.oj off

ALERT

To: The c.c.watch Internet Network 
Date: October 25, 1995

Subject: Minnesota CC
Date: 95-10-24 10:19:16 EDT
From: John Watkins
To: [email-masked]

Dear Paula,

Creepy tidbit in the Minneapolis Star Tribune this AM.  Our pro-choice,
pro-gay Republican governor Arne Carlson has set up a committee to advance
the cause of school vouchers:  "Task Force on School Choice."  It includes
not only the expected slate of prominent republicans (most from the
fiscal-conservative, socially liberal flank), but also CAROL SIMMONS,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE MINNESOTA CHRISTIAN COALITION.  So much for being
able to trust Carlson.  I think this is a timely lesson on how even 
moderate republicans are validating the CC's authority.  I'm calling the
governors office to protest.  That number is 612-296-3391.  Would it be
appropriate for you to post this on the cc watch e-mail network.  The
announcement was buried in the back of the paper, and I'm afraid this is
typical stealth stuff.  

Thank you--John Watkins

(c.c.watch is an independent newsletter which monitors the Christian
Coalition and its fellow travelers. For more information or to subscribe to
c.c.watch call 305/751-5001)